I need help getting the right battery for my system

Mysticbass02

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2006 jeep liberty with 2 12" rf p3s wired down to 1Ω connected to a 1200 watt rf prime monoblock that goes to an epicenter I was wondering what battery to get for this setup the current one I have can't keep up with the power demand if you have any other questions feel free to ask

That’s not a terribly large setup so I’d advise as large of an agm battery that can fit into your stock battery bay. Also, consider doing your big 3 electrical upgrade to ensure that the maximum amperage provided by your electrical can be effectively delivered to your amplifier. Napa legend or sams club Duracell’s are a good value

Last edited:
That’s not a terribly large setup so I’d advise as large of an agm battery that can fit into your stock battery bay. Also, consider doing your big 3 electrical upgrade to ensure that the maximum amperage provided by your electrical can be effectively delivered to your amplifier. Napa legend or sams club Duracell’s are a good value
Thank you so much for the advise will look into the duracells

I would invest in a group 34/78 AGM and do the BIG 3 as suggested above. Your Liberty takes a group 34 battery. The 34/78 is the same battery but with two negative post and two positive post. Use the second set of post for the stereo. Do 0awg for the big three.

Thank you so much for the advise will look into the duracells
Batteries Plus stocks them as well.

I've also done good with parts store "Platinum" or whatever premium store brand AGM. The nice thing about buying Pep Boys battery is if it shits the bed before warranty is up you take it in to any Pep Boys anywhere in the country and the kid behind the counter gives you a new one no hassle. Consider ease of exchange/return.

Batteries Plus stocks them as well.

I've also done good with parts store "Platinum" or whatever premium store brand AGM. The nice thing about buying Pep Boys battery is if it shits the bed before warranty is up you take it in to any Pep Boys anywhere in the country and the kid behind the counter gives you a new one no hassle. Consider ease of exchange/return.
its been the same with oriellys batts. Pretty fast and painless warranty.

its been the same with oriellys batts. Pretty fast and painless warranty.
I have used those as well and when I daily drove my loud car I'd always wind up cashing in on warranty on them. Last AGMs I bought were Bosch branded through Pep Boys which had a 4 year warranty.... switched to LTO before we wore those out though but I did get a few bucks out of them.

My autozone return was painless too. Ended up being my amp drawing power when the vehicle was off due to a tiny wire inside the amp touching. My batteries plus agm has been going strong for 8 years now. When it shits the bed I may get another due to that life span

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.