RF Pps4-6 bad sound quality

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ven0m

CarAudio.com Recruit
A while ago I got a set of 6x9 kicker speakers for cheap, and recently I ordered fosgate 6.5s for my front speakers, I was extremely disappointed to find that the fosgates not only sounded worse than the kickers, but also were much quieter as well. I was wondering if maybe I did something wrong during the installation or if there's anything I should check. Thanks

A while ago I got a set of 6x9 kicker speakers for cheap, and recently I ordered fosgate 6.5s for my front speakers, I was extremely disappointed to find that the fosgates not only sounded worse than the kickers, but also were much quieter as well. I was wondering if maybe I did something wrong during the installation or if there's anything I should check. Thanks
One: They are different size speakers.
B: They probably have different power and sensitivity ratings (these affect sound output)
3: Depending on the vehicle, different speakers will be sent different signals.
S: How are the speakers mounted?
11: Is it a Toyota Corolla?
Q: Aftermarket head unit? Amplifiers?
29: Are you comparing apples to apples with the speakers? Meaning, are they of similar specs?

The ones you got are just midranges so you are missing tweeters. The mids also need a lot of power from an amp to sound decent. If you are powering it off a head unit, you arent gonna get anything decent sounding.

Last edited:
The ones you got are just midranges so you are missing tweeters. The mids also need a lot of power from an amp to sound decent. If you are powering it off a head unit, you arent gonna get anything decent sounding.
It's powered off a skar 4 way 150watts rms per channel

One: They are different size speakers.
B: They probably have different power and sensitivity ratings (these affect sound output)
3: Depending on the vehicle, different speakers will be sent different signals.
S: How are the speakers mounted?
11: Is it a Toyota Corolla?
Q: Aftermarket head unit? Amplifiers?
29: Are you comparing apples to apples with the speakers? Meaning, are they of similar specs?
Skar 4 way amp and pioneer HU 09 malibu

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.