I need an amp that is guaranteed to put out at least 1100 rms

Sundown amp's great and all but even they can't make a Audiobahn sub sound good.
this , OP wont be happy with any amp those subs wont sound good i have had a few sets only one pair had decent sound and that was the 400 rms subs i out in my dad's car , that wasn't made to get loud but fill in the missing bass.

So do to my shitty stock alt would buying that Hifonics amp I posted a couple pages earlier do me right? Wiring at 1 ohm?
I'd still get the 1500d. If you set the gain to where you're only getting about 500 watts to each sub it wouldn't be any harder on your alt than a 1000 watt amp. When you decide to upgrade you can add a good battery in the back and you should be fine. If you're too afraid of the 1500d now db-r has the SAZ-1000D listed on his website for $247.50 for a refurbished one but I don't know if he actually has one available. I'd choose that over the Hifonics.

So far, thanks for everyones help in trying to get me straightened out. I now know that my amp is ****, my alt is ****, and my subs are ****-ish. Sooooo, not to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/beatdeadhorse5.gif.5d70132dea1eb89b73bf2fdbb6027dd6.gif would it be more cost effective to get 2 12's that the amp could push? dB-r, u figured that the amp is only pushing about 400 watts correct? Im assuming thats would considered RMS. So, should I try and look for two 12's that are 350 to 400 rms capable?

So far, thanks for everyones help in trying to get me straightened out. I now know that my amp is ****, my alt is ****, and my subs are ****-ish. Sooooo, not to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/beatdeadhorse5.gif.5d70132dea1eb89b73bf2fdbb6027dd6.gif would it be more cost effective to get 2 12's that the amp could push? dB-r, u figured that the amp is only pushing about 400 watts correct? Im assuming thats would considered RMS. So, should I try and look for two 12's that are 350 to 400 rms capable?
I don't think you'd be satisfied with it. If you want to go with ~1000 watts 2Alpine Type R's would work well in a nice ported box with proper airspace and tuning.

Well, i've mostly given up, just trying to get something from the amp you know. I will eventually find a H/O that will fit my yaris and not cost $500 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Do you think that I could push two Kicker CVRs? With about 400 per channel?

If db-r calculated right you're only getting 400-600 TOTAL from the amp. Put it on Craigslist and you can probably get most of your money back out of it.

I would get this:

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D + 2 x Sundown Audio SA-12's.

Will work with your Yaris electrical and sound great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.