I need an amp that is guaranteed to put out at least 1100 rms

audiobahn subs do NOT handle rated power properly.

I remember having 2 Audiobahn Eternal subs, rated at 900wrms per sub and ran it off of a Cadence ZRS10.

I set a test tone, made a video which should have lasted for 60 seconds but had to stop.

Amp was outputting 667w of power so each sub was getting 333.5w per sub approximately. After 47 seconds, both of the subs started to heat up very quickly and one of them got partially damaged.

I also used to have an audiobahn Immortal on a 1500w amp where the sub was rated at 2000wrms.

I intentionally clipped it during a song and after about 100 seconds, the sub got destroyed by the tinsel leads getting scorched....

I then replaced it with the Original Audioque HD3 15.... played the same song... the whole song clipped after sub was broken in... and AQ sub never even got warm.

AB subs are not properly rated therefore i would not suggest such a powerful amp for them.

how do you get that? his subs are 900rms and dual4s so he can wire down to 1ohm. i say go with an audioque 2200, an ia 20.1 or the sundown 1500 would probably work for you
Ok, i have two 900 rms subs. Ive already done the "get what you pay for" bit by buying a pos 4k lanzar. That sob didn't even have enough power to push both of the speakers. It barely has enough to push one, and even then it clips after half way! So, after getting my ass raped from that purchase, I would like to know if anyone could recommend an amp that is guaranteed to put out at least 1100 rms. I dont want to spend a ridiculous amount, however, after my last fiasco I will pay whatever to get the right number. I need a two channel amp that has 1100 rms at 2 ohm per channel. I would say two mono amps but I lack the know how to rig them together. It doesn't have to be exactly 1100 rms, I just need a number that will definitively produce over 1000 rms. Thanks for any help.
I was looking at that plus the Lanzar 4k he thought was gonna give him that.

audiobahn subs do NOT handle rated power properly.
I remember having 2 Audiobahn Eternal subs, rated at 900wrms per sub and ran it off of a Cadence ZRS10.

I set a test tone, made a video which should have lasted for 60 seconds but had to stop.

Amp was outputting 667w of power so each sub was getting 333.5w per sub approximately. After 47 seconds, both of the subs started to heat up very quickly and one of them got partially damaged.

I also used to have an audiobahn Immortal on a 1500w amp where the sub was rated at 2000wrms.

I intentionally clipped it during a song and after about 100 seconds, the sub got destroyed by the tinsel leads getting scorched....

I then replaced it with the Original Audioque HD3 15.... played the same song... the whole song clipped after sub was broken in... and AQ sub never even got warm.

AB subs are not properly rated therefore i would not suggest such a powerful amp for them.
all this info doesn't surprise me.

this is exactly why i suggested the 1500d and not the 2000.

or he could wire down (use the //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/search.gif.e79a63b2b580b39b282dff402646b704.gif button) and wire those down to 1 ohm and be really cost effective and still a tank of an amp and get a PA A3000db.

I have a brand new Eclipse DA7232 (Class D) 2 channel sub amplifier. It is rated @ 1000 watts rms x 2 (2ohm) to a maximum of 2000 watts per channel (2ohm).

Why are you wanting a 2 channel amp? You do not want to give each of those subs 1100 watts. It sounds like db-r has been trying to help you, perhaps he has an amp that he has repaired that would work well for you.

All things considered, shouldn't the lanzar put out enough watts bridged to power the one sub correctly? The things sounds like **** when I try to turn it up. I have it wired up at 2 ohm briged. It was the only way I could get it to work. Does the lanzar **** that bad? I mean, briged should try to make the amp put out as much power as it could possibly supply right?

Why are you wanting a 2 channel amp? You do not want to give each of those subs 1100 watts. It sounds like db-r has been trying to help you, perhaps he has an amp that he has repaired that would work well for you.
Nothing i've said is set in stone except the fact that I would like both of the subs to be moving //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Ive already screwed up once and i'm trying not to make the same mistake again. Any and all help is appreciated.

that amp has 2 35 amp fuses, no way in hell it will do 1100w per channel, also you cant run it at 2ohms bridged, it will blow, it is only rated at 4ohms bridged, you might get 300-400w per ch at 2ohms, really it should be sorta loud, what box do you have? pics?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.