I need an amp that is guaranteed to put out at least 1100 rms

I think he's got a ported box so it should be pretty loud even with 400-500 per sub, but I think when I did the math on this amp he has purchased, that I advised him against, the total watts he could possibly actually get from this amp after doing the math was like 400-600 watts.

that amp has 2 35 amp fuses, no way in hell it will do 1100w per channel, also you cant run it at 2ohms bridged, it will blow, it is only rated at 4ohms bridged, you might get 300-400w per ch at 2ohms, really it should be sorta loud, what box do you have? pics?
Well, I am running it with 1 sub wired a 2 ohm bridged. Yes, the amp gets hot. Ok, it gets really hot. Not the point. The point is that the sub sounds like **** except for when the volume is way down, about easy listening volume. volume 11 of 40 on my radio. But everything is cool now, me and dB-r are gonna work something out with the sundowns I hope. Thanks for everyones help.

@dB-r

I sent you a PM //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Now that you'll have a good amp the next thing to do is get some good subs.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

When the SAZ-1500D finishes raping his subs good and they start stinking he will be wanting some Nightshades next... LOL.... this is the way it always starts, always wanting/needing to go bigger and bigger... not many are happy with 1-2 8's and a 200 x 2 amp... I could be but it's nice to just wang it now and then with some 15's and a couple thousand watts right? Gotta have it.

Aww man, dont say that. I dont wanna ruin my subs, I just want the sobs to run at the same time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

About those subs of his, this is priceless:

jasiel From miami

Well all i can say is wow i have 2 of these each one on a power acoustik bamf2000/1d amp pushing dem at 900rms each at 2omhs with 0 gauge wire trust me dey kik well i know what they kik lol well if u wanna see a video go on youtube search audiobahn aw1006t subs is the video posted by pablito6665.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brandon From Maryville

I Have two of these hooked up to a 2000 watt boss amp. they hit really hard for tens. the only advice i have is not to by the grills to protect them because they rattle and the foam actually hits the grill on really high excursions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steveo From Wisconsin

I have 2 With 1500x1 mono 147.2 db they slap i have had um for 2 years trouble free Tested @ Raxx Car audio on a Term lab

You might want to look at the SAZ-1000D (1100 watts RMS x 1 @ 1 ohm) if you only have an 80A alternator.... SAZ-1500D would probably eat that for breakfast, and those subs probably really only handle 450rms each....

JBL GTO 1201.1 II
1100W RMS @ 2 ohms
I have not seen this JBL amp....

Unrelated question, I see you have some IA Lethal Injections subs, are they the newer ones (2009 models)? I had 1 15" Lethal Injection, the newer model ones in a big ported box here and put about 1700 watts to it and OMG it was loud, and sounded really really good too, but it got to stinking really bad.... So I put a bigger power sub, a custom job I had built for testing and it sounds like total ass compared to that LI sub... man those rock. You like yours?

You might want to look at the SAZ-1000D (1100 watts RMS x 1 @ 1 ohm) if you only have an 80A alternator.... SAZ-1500D would probably eat that for breakfast, and those subs probably really only handle 450rms each....
If I were him I'd go ahead and get the 1500d so he'll have the extra power when he's ready to upgrade. He should definately set the gains carefully though if he wants to keep his audiobling subs very long.

He pm'ed me that he has an 80A alternator... that's not gonna be enough for the SAZ-1500D @ 1 ohm... It's gonna eat that alternator first day.

I have a 08zx1500.1 by kicker 1500x1 @ 2 ohms underrated birth sheet said 18hundred something but at least 1500

$445.00 shipped let me know had it for less then a year

pics below

I think your amp is > than this alternator (80A).... He's gonna have to look at 1000 watt amps with that alt...

I think your amp is > than this alternator (80A).... He's gonna have to look at 1000 watt amps with that alt...
I ran it for a week on my stock 75 or 90 amp, i dunno heard diff things then upgraded to a 190 amp and it works great now! On one stock batt, 4 Gauge charging wire, on a hard note, letting the engine idle it drops to 13.1 volts. But I never checked the voltage with the stock I’m sure it was not that great lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.