I need a budget 1000 watt 1 ohm stable mono amp

You will in no way get any where near 1k from that PPI amp. You just paid for a 500rms amp hope that works out for you...
I was thinking about picking one of these up. What makes you say he will not get 1k out of it? Have you personally test the amp?

These factors will affect any amp, not just the PPI. They do almost 122 at 13.8v and over 800 at 2(these take into account effeciency and voltage drop and to some extent box rise).

Granted if you wanted to have 1000 on tap at all times you should go a little bigger.

I placed 4 washers under each mounting tab to get some air underneath(I also have a Stinger scroll fan in place where it has taken the place of my mmats amp at the moment)..I recently put it in, so we will see when it gets hotter, but The scroll fan should keep it quite cool and being raised as I do all my amps.Fans are cheap.
The washers are a good idea thanks. With the fan how do you power it? Do u hook it up to the signal cable?

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk

The washers are a good idea thanks. With the fan how do you power it? Do u hook it up to the signal cable?
Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk
Ground to ground block(i use a solid block for grounding,and power to remote (turns on/off with radio)

There are a bunch of great amps on Amazon that will do a solid 1000w

The Belva 2000.1, the vvme inno d1500.1 the shark 2500

All around $100-$150 new and can be wired at .5ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.