i need a better subwoofer and amplifier

zellbrad

im happy with my HU and door speakers but my sounddesign amp and pioneer 8" shallow sub sound like crap at higher volume levels. i want something much better that will still allow me to listen to the music at relatively high levels without distortion. i think i want a jl audio 10W3v3 subwoofer but i would like to know what amp i should get with that. my current amp/sub will go into my wifes new car when i install her pioneer avic unit. thanks

What kind of car, how much are you looking to spend, what kind of wiring do you have installed (or willing to upgrade), idk what the hell kinda amp that is too?

my car is a '11 subaru outback. the wiring for the door speakers is whatever came with for the alpine and factory for the rear doors. the wiring i currently have to the amp and sub is the sub kit on amazon for $30. i would like to keep everything under $500 for a new sub, amp, and wiring but i am willing to spend a little more.

dont wanna go bigger than 10", i sit in my trunk every single morning while my dog runs. don't wanna lose too much space. what i have gives pretty good bass, i just want something that wont crackle at higher volume levels. what i have sounds great at 2/3rds volume, but when i turn it more it sounds like ****. forgive me for sounding so stupid, i dont have much experience messing with subs or amps or any audio stuff for that matter.

the american bass stuff is great ,i run the vfl amps,but the ebay stuff is old amps and subs, still new ,but older models with no ab warranty on them . i know this because i sell ab equipment, and the west coast distributer

I have an sundown sa-8v1 d4 brand new recone can build a nice custom box for it as well sub and box to your door would be right at about $265 plenty left for a good quality amp.

I have an sundown sa-8v1 d4 brand new recone can build a nice custom box for it as well sub and box to your door would be right at about $265 plenty left for a good quality amp.
This. Very little space, more than likely way more output than what you have.

And there's someone selling diamond audio d3 1000 amps for $170 shipped if he isn't out. That will be top notch. And have budget for wiring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.