Post up if you have a Monte Carlo

Participant count
  • Participant list

skylineTT
10+ year member

bass=sekz
A guy I know has an 04 monte and I want to know how much of a sub I can fit back there. He wants me to find him a setup for under a grand and I was looking at a pair of 15's and a good amp but I'm wondering if 18's will fit.. or if the 15's would even fit. What do you think?

2 12's works great in those cars.....

Here is a quick setup we did for a friend at the shop. Just wanted to get the system up and running ASAP so this is what we came up with....

(we used existing wiring he already had and just tossed a box and amp rack together for him)

IMAG0742.jpg

yeah that looks like 15's would be a squeeze. I'll look for a good pair of 12's then. Thanks Rabbit!

P.S. is that a bandpass or are the cones & ports facing into the cabin?

That is just a standard bass reflex enclosure. It will have a bandpass with 4 10's in it rather soon though lol.

The sub/port direction is dependent on a few things, but from what have had the chance to test with those cars sub/port forward worked the best overall. The other option was sub up and port to the side. We did that with a single 15 for a while in his car, but the amount of rattle was just insane and no way to fix most of it. It did sound good and loud in the car though.

The new setup will be a 4th order ported through the rear deck.

so your best luck with the bass reflex enclosure was sub/port into the seats? or with seats down (I'm assuming this was the case).
Yea, firing forward. The seat in his car was down most of the time. However, it still worked great with the seat up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.