I need a 4 channel amp for less than $150

Some people.... How many people need to tell you to get the PPI or MBQ before you believe us? You shame someone who gave a great suggestion for PPI then post a Cerwin Vega thats crap. GET THE PPI OR MBQ even though you will probably go out and buy some crap either way.
/thread
I'm just trying to get brands on the table. Is that so bad?

If your being a little girl about speaker inputs then just buy like a kenwood kac 8405
I have to be "a little girl" about speaker level inputs. It's going to make the installation much easier.

I'm just trying to get brands on the table. Is that so bad?
No, its not. But this question has probably been asked over a hundred times in this forum. A little searching would have netted you a bunch of options. Check the link below 24,000 results from this site alone.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Acaraudio.com+cheap+4+channel+amplifiers&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=

If you want to look at recent posts too, change search options in google to past year etc etc. Check what I searched, if you type "site:caraudio.com _____________"

No, its not. But this question has probably been asked over a hundred times in this forum. A little searching would have netted you a bunch of options. Check the link below 24,000 results from this site alone.
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Acaraudio.com+cheap+4+channel+amplifiers&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=

If you want to look at recent posts too, change search options in google to past year etc etc. Check what I searched, if you type "site:caraudio.com _____________"

I don't care for searching posts with amp requirements that are different than mine. Didn't you read my original post?

ppi 800.4 and a inline converter
No LOCS. A LOC is going to make the installation more complicated. Also that BK800 is huge. I need something that's like 12x12 inches, give or take a couple. Height doesnt matter.

I don't care for searching posts with amp requirements that are different than mine. Didn't you read my original post?

No LOCS. A LOC is going to make the installation more complicated. Also that BK800 is huge. I need something that's like 12x12 inches' date=' give or take a couple. Height doesnt matter.[/quote']

Yes, I did. You want a cheap 4 channel amp. Most cheap 4 channel amps have speaker inputs. Your ignorance is overwhelming.

Wiring speaker inputs is just as difficult as LOC (same thing) btw which will open your options a lot. Refer to my search post after your realize this.

With LOC's I need 2 pairs because this is a 4 channel amp it's going into. And I would have to get in behind the HU. I don't want to do that. The stock amp is in the trunk and the wires are all there too.

Speaker level inputs make things easier and don't have to spend more money than I have to.

With LOC's I need 2 pairs because this is a 4 channel amp it's going into. And I would have to get in behind the HU. I don't want to do that. The stock amp is in the trunk and the wires are all there too.
Speaker level inputs make things easier and don't have to spend more money than I have to.
You do not have to go behind head unit' date=' grab em from the trunk where you were going to do the speaker inputs from. The amp is $99 with free ship, $14 for LOC (Amazon.com: Stinger SGN12 Fixed Line Output Converter: Car Electronics), then $5 for RCA splitter. Lookey there you're under budget!

I'm considering the LOC but I have to examine the wiring again to see what I have to work with.

Also that MB scares me with the "max" power ratings and all.....

I'm considering the LOC but I have to examine the wiring again to see what I have to work with.
Also that MB scares me with the "max" power ratings and all.....
It wil do at LEAST 50x4 @ 4ohms. RMS listed is 75 x 4 @ 4ohm. I had a MBQ same series 1000rms and it did real close to rated without clipping.

BTW - the page 1 problem you described with the LOC sounds like a factory eq that cuts bass at high volume. They do that to preserve the life of the cheap stock speakers. You would have gotten the same results on an amp with high level inputs.

High level inputs do the same thing as an LOC, but they're almost always perform worse than a decent external option.

BTW again -- I'm using the $18 4 ch Scosche LOC from wal mart. It works perfectly.

Tapped all the wires at the stock amp in the trunk, mounted it nearby. Took maybe a couple hrs start to finish.

Honestly, after doing some research, there doesn't seem to be much difference between speaker level and LOC setups. It really depends on other existing factors.

And the fact here is, speaker level inputs for me makes more sense.

I notice that these speaker level input harnesses have a ground wire. Where do you hook that up to? The GND on the amp?

Facepalm.png

Good luck man. Was trying to help. Why ask for help when you ignore everyone's advice anyways? I know I can be thick headed sometimes too but **** man you're worse than me. I've unsubscribed hope it turns out how you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.