I maxed my volume out and no more sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

NoobyMcLovin

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, thanks to anyone who can help me. I just made an account out of fear that I destroyed my speakers or maybe something else in my system.

I just got done wiring up an amp and my new radio and before I turned the amp on my tweeters were making sound because I spliced them into the speaker wire for the fronts after the amp and once I turned on the amp all speakers were working but then I maxed out the audio which although loud was not distorted or anything so I thought it would be fine but all at once the second it hit max volume all sound stopped. Not even the tweeters make sound anymore which is the confusing part to me. I have a little electrical noise I need to fix but that is still there though.

So did I blow out my speakers? hopefully not something worse. does anybody know what happened or what I should try to fix it.

Thank you

Hi, thanks to anyone who can help me. I just made an account out of fear that I destroyed my speakers or maybe something else in my system.

I just got done wiring up an amp and my new radio and before I turned the amp on my tweeters were making sound because I spliced them into the speaker wire for the fronts after the amp and once I turned on the amp all speakers were working but then I maxed out the audio which although loud was not distorted or anything so I thought it would be fine but all at once the second it hit max volume all sound stopped. Not even the tweeters make sound anymore which is the confusing part to me. I have a little electrical noise I need to fix but that is still there though.

So did I blow out my speakers? hopefully not something worse. does anybody know what happened or what I should try to fix it.

Thank you
Pull the speakers and check them with a DMM (Digital Multi Meter)for the acceptable ohm loads. Did you use an inline capacitor for the tweeter at all. Did your amplifier go into protect at all? Did you smell any burning or odd burnt smell from any of the speakers? Sounds like you introduced lower frequencies to the mids and highs as well. thats what Xovers and capacitors are for used within the proper ranges, and learning how to tune properly.
What HU do you have?Make and Model? what speakers do you have? Make and Model? What amplifier do you have ?Make and Model? Lets start here as information is needed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...