I made it to the promise Land🔊🔊🔊

IndySlim

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2019
Omaha NE
I mentioned in my first post on here about my jl audio build that I had in the works and was told by more experienced guys on here that I could do better so after fighting my Loyalty to JL I said f**k it. I researched sites and read posts to find out that for less money I could sound much better. You guys were right so after I put all my resourced info together here's what's actually in the trunk now.
Finally got my set up going here's what's actually in the trunk,doors and under the hood.
2 Sundown Audio SA 12 Rev.3
2 RE Audio SA 1500.1 amps
( One for each sub 900w RMS apiece)
Sub Woofer enclosure tuned to 32hz
Rear Deck: 2 Alpine R-S69 6×9's
Front Doors: Alpine R-S65C.2 Components
RE Audio SA 90.4 amp
(Highs & mids)
Head Unit: Pioneer AppRadio 4
0/1 KnuKonceptz OFC Kolossus Kandywire Power+ & Ground–
KnuKonceptz KonFUSED 4 Way Fused Distribution Block
KnuKonceptz KonFUSED 2 Way Fuse / 6 Way Ground Block
KnuKonceptz Ultimate Battery terminals
XS power D3400 AGM Battery
0/1 Basshead Big 3
KnuKonceptz KonFUSED High Current In-Line Fuse Holder
Man this Shit sounds GREAT!!!!!
My questions and concerns are
How durable are these amps?
Since it's winter and I'm running heat I've started to get a slight dim in my lights, should I go for A. Capacitor or, B. HO alternator
The XS power D3400 is my main battery. I figured it's good under the hood for power when I play music when the car is off.

Last edited:

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
You need to seal off those 6x9s in the deck within the trunk spaced area or they will be trashed in approx a month from the subs air movement

OP
IndySlim

IndySlim

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2019
Omaha NE
Who on here told you to buy those amps? They deserve a swift kick in the nuts.
No need for nutbashing. I was actually freestyling when I got them paid about 375 for all 3 they sound good and aren't heating up is there something I should know about them Popwarhomie

OP
IndySlim

IndySlim

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2019
Omaha NE
You need to seal off those 6x9s in the deck within the trunk spaced area or they will be trashed in approx a month from the subs air movement
It's funny you say that I literally just called the place that I bought them from about the warranty yesterday when you say seal them off how should I go about doing that.

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
I would look into a 200-250 amperage HO alt.

As for your amps in question, they might be ok, but ever since RE got bought out from US Amps, the amps/subs quality has gone downhill..... I owned some SE series 10" subs when RE 1st came to the scene.

Just remove those back reardeck 6x9's and you'll have even louder bass than now.

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
Jan 22, 2010
Florida
No need for nutbashing. I was actually freestyling when I got them paid about 375 for all 3 they sound good and aren't heating up is there something I should know about them Popwarhomie
The newer RE audio stuff just isn't want it used to be. Plus that 800rms per sub is probably closer to 400 after box rise. But if you are happy that is all that matters.

OP
IndySlim

IndySlim

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2019
Omaha NE
The newer RE audio stuff just isn't want it used to be. Plus that 800rms per sub is probably closer to 400 after box rise. But if you are happy that is all that matters.
Hold up man your scaring me what do you mean by 400w after box rise. Do you mean I'm underpowering my subs?

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
Jan 22, 2010
Florida
Hold up man your scaring me what do you mean by 400w after box rise. Do you mean I'm underpowering my subs?
Yes. Those SAs are rated 750 each. The more efficient your box is the more rise you have. I always try to have double the power your subwoofers need to combat box rise and voltage drop. Headroom is always a good thing.

OP
IndySlim

IndySlim

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2019
Omaha NE
I would look into a 200-250 amperage HO alt.

As for your amps in question, they might be ok, but ever since RE got bought out from US Amps, the amps/subs quality has gone downhill..... I owned some SE series 10" subs when RE 1st came to the scene.

Just remove those back reardeck 6x9's and you'll have even louder bass than now.
These amps have the US Amps logo they came out 2015.
The bass is nice now I like to hear the sound effects, cymbals, horns, words as well as the bass. I drive a car that was semi luxury for it's time. It has factory tweet and mid locations in the doors and and factory locations in the rear deck. You think what audiobaun said is true about them popping in a month? I haven't had the subs a month and the interiors have been in since April they should be well broken in they definitely sound better than when I first bought them.

OP
IndySlim

IndySlim

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2019
Omaha NE
Yes. Those SAs are rated 750 each. The more efficient your box is the more rise you have. I always try to have double the power your subwoofers need to combat box rise and voltage drop. Headroom is always a good thing.
So the amps are rated @900w RMS and, your saying that due to box rise I'm probably only giving 450w to the subs, and that doubling the power to each sub roughly 1500w to each sub is how to combat it? I thought having a box tuned to spec would alleviate any unforeseen issues?

THATpurpleKUSH

Smoke weed everyday
10+ year member
Sep 30, 2009
Banging gears and passing queeers
Impedance rise cannot be prevented. Once the voice coil receives an electrical signal and moves through the magnetic field resistance is happening. To correctly power a sub you need an amp that is rated for 2-3x the rms power of the sub. 2 750w rms subs should have at least a 3kw amp to power them to their full potential.

Boomin_tahoe

10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
There's some youtube vids about box rise. Sundown has an excellent one and a few others' I think EXO made one some years ago too. It's something not easily understandable to a lot of people tho….

OP
IndySlim

IndySlim

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2019
Omaha NE
Impedance rise cannot be prevented. Once the voice coil receives an electrical signal and moves through the magnetic field resistance is happening. To correctly power a sub you need an amp that is rated for 2-3x the rms power of the sub. 2 750w rms subs should have at least a 3kw amp to power them to their full potential.
I watched the videos about box rise by Sundown and EXO, and none of them gave me the indication that I "need" to add more power. I do know that I "can" add more power because these subs historically can handle it though. I just know with the way I like my music to sound I'll definitely need an upgrade on my hi's and mids too but, since you mentioned 3kw of power I have seen these same subs getting pushed with that same amount of power on YouTube. I also know a guy with a Taramps 3k amp . I think I need to get a better amp for my mids and hi's 1st and see if that satisfies my SQ'ish type of lust for sound. I'll definitely need sound deadening when I make the upgrade. I actually could use some now. So before I go all Willy Nilly and step my game up. I'll need a H.O. alternator, sound deadening, better hi's and mids then the 3k for now I'll just hunt down a 400w rms 4channel and some deadener got any suggestions

Last edited:

Double d esp

CarAudio.com Well Known
Dec 4, 2018
Man. These morons using terms like box rise.. not you op but the moron followers who do it.
Re amps sucks..

OP
IndySlim

IndySlim

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2019
Omaha NE
There's some youtube vids about box rise. Sundown has an excellent one and a few others' I think EXO made one some years ago too. It's something not easily understandable to a lot of people tho….
I watched the videos you mentioned and they both say that you do nothing about box rise. It's just something that happens part of the nature of a speaker basically resistive loads etc.. I know that you guys are trying to get me the most bass possible but I'm not a extreme spl guy at least not with this car. Yes I love the bass but I like the other parts of the music also. Imo more bass in this particular build would require a components upgrade (just so the hi's and mids remain audible). Now when I say more bass I mean 3000w more (My guy has a Taramps 3000w amp for sale) so I think it's safe to say I'll need a higher quality and powered set of components. I am however considering getting some holes cut in rear deck to give me more loudness and a better amp for my hi's and mids they can definitely handle more power

OP
IndySlim

IndySlim

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2019
Omaha NE
Man. These morons using terms like box rise.. not you op but the moron followers who do it.
Re amps sucks..
I think I have the Pre-sucky RE amps from what I've researched and have been told. They seem to be holding up well even though it hasn't been a month. I keep hearing that they **** but no facts to back up the statement. Is it overheating, being overated as far as RMS value goes, or what? Let me know. I definitely take the opinions and experiences of you guys in to consideration.

Double d esp

CarAudio.com Well Known
Dec 4, 2018
I think I have the Pre-sucky RE amps from what I've researched and have been told. They seem to be holding up well even though it hasn't been a month. I keep hearing that they **** but no facts to back up the statement. Is it overheating, being overated as far as RMS value goes, or what? Let me know. I definitely take the opinions and experiences of you guys in to consideration.
Just super cheap Chinese stuff. If they work fine don't sweat it im just critical..

OP
IndySlim

IndySlim

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2019
Omaha NE
Just super cheap Chinese stuff. If they work fine don't sweat it im just critical..
Yea I did a little research on that. It turns out that after they got purchased from US Amps they became shitty. Mines were made under the US amps regime. I have heard the new stuff is bad also. These are Korean made not Chinese. From what I understand the build house that makes these produce high quality gear it's just if the company they're building for tells them to use crappy parts then that's what happens I'm guessing after they were sold things changed. I've read great reviews up until around a few years ago which is where I saw a drop off in good reviews on websites and the YouTube's reviews and demo's drop off around the same time.

Boomin_tahoe

10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
Re amps sucks..

Oh look @Popwarhomie @THATpurpleKUSH We got ourselves a hater in here......box rise is a very common term in car audio. What seems to be the issue you have with the term and the rest of us saying it? Funny how "we morons" know how to get loud, while we got some people coming to us for help. And yet here you are shitting on someone's post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest posts

Latest classifieds