I made it to the promise Land🔊🔊🔊

IndySlim

CoolAssDude
Omaha NE
I mentioned in my first post on here about my jl audio build that I had in the works and was told by more experienced guys on here that I could do better so after fighting my Loyalty to JL I said f**k it. I researched sites and read posts to find out that for less money I could sound much better. You guys were right so after I put all my resourced info together here's what's actually in the trunk now.
Finally got my set up going here's what's actually in the trunk,doors and under the hood.
2 Sundown Audio SA 12 Rev.3
2 RE Audio SA 1500.1 amps
( One for each sub 900w RMS apiece)
Sub Woofer enclosure tuned to 32hz
Rear Deck: 2 Alpine R-S69 6×9's
Front Doors: Alpine R-S65C.2 Components
RE Audio SA 90.4 amp
(Highs & mids)
Head Unit: Pioneer AppRadio 4
0/1 KnuKonceptz OFC Kolossus Kandywire Power+ & Ground–
KnuKonceptz KonFUSED 4 Way Fused Distribution Block
KnuKonceptz KonFUSED 2 Way Fuse / 6 Way Ground Block
KnuKonceptz Ultimate Battery terminals
XS power D3400 AGM Battery
0/1 Basshead Big 3
KnuKonceptz KonFUSED High Current In-Line Fuse Holder
Man this **** sounds GREAT!!!!!
My questions and concerns are
How durable are these amps?
Since it's winter and I'm running heat I've started to get a slight dim in my lights, should I go for A. Capacitor or, B. HO alternator
The XS power D3400 is my main battery. I figured it's good under the hood for power when I play music when the car is off.

Last edited:
You need to seal off those 6x9s in the deck within the trunk spaced area or they will be trashed in approx a month from the subs air movement

You need to seal off those 6x9s in the deck within the trunk spaced area or they will be trashed in approx a month from the subs air movement
It's funny you say that I literally just called the place that I bought them from about the warranty yesterday when you say seal them off how should I go about doing that.

I would look into a 200-250 amperage HO alt.

As for your amps in question, they might be ok, but ever since RE got bought out from US Amps, the amps/subs quality has gone downhill..... I owned some SE series 10" subs when RE 1st came to the scene.

Just remove those back reardeck 6x9's and you'll have even louder bass than now.

No need for nutbashing. I was actually freestyling when I got them paid about 375 for all 3 they sound good and aren't heating up is there something I should know about them Popwarhomie

The newer RE audio stuff just isn't want it used to be. Plus that 800rms per sub is probably closer to 400 after box rise. But if you are happy that is all that matters.

The newer RE audio stuff just isn't want it used to be. Plus that 800rms per sub is probably closer to 400 after box rise. But if you are happy that is all that matters.
Hold up man your scaring me what do you mean by 400w after box rise. Do you mean I'm underpowering my subs?

Hold up man your scaring me what do you mean by 400w after box rise. Do you mean I'm underpowering my subs?

Yes. Those SAs are rated 750 each. The more efficient your box is the more rise you have. I always try to have double the power your subwoofers need to combat box rise and voltage drop. Headroom is always a good thing.

I would look into a 200-250 amperage HO alt.

As for your amps in question, they might be ok, but ever since RE got bought out from US Amps, the amps/subs quality has gone downhill..... I owned some SE series 10" subs when RE 1st came to the scene.

Just remove those back reardeck 6x9's and you'll have even louder bass than now.
These amps have the US Amps logo they came out 2015.
The bass is nice now I like to hear the sound effects, cymbals, horns, words as well as the bass. I drive a car that was semi luxury for it's time. It has factory tweet and mid locations in the doors and and factory locations in the rear deck. You think what audiobaun said is true about them popping in a month? I haven't had the subs a month and the interiors have been in since April they should be well broken in they definitely sound better than when I first bought them.

Yes. Those SAs are rated 750 each. The more efficient your box is the more rise you have. I always try to have double the power your subwoofers need to combat box rise and voltage drop. Headroom is always a good thing.
So the amps are rated @900w RMS and, your saying that due to box rise I'm probably only giving 450w to the subs, and that doubling the power to each sub roughly 1500w to each sub is how to combat it? I thought having a box tuned to spec would alleviate any unforeseen issues?

Impedance rise cannot be prevented. Once the voice coil receives an electrical signal and moves through the magnetic field resistance is happening. To correctly power a sub you need an amp that is rated for 2-3x the rms power of the sub. 2 750w rms subs should have at least a 3kw amp to power them to their full potential.

There's some youtube vids about box rise. Sundown has an excellent one and a few others' I think EXO made one some years ago too. It's something not easily understandable to a lot of people tho….

Impedance rise cannot be prevented. Once the voice coil receives an electrical signal and moves through the magnetic field resistance is happening. To correctly power a sub you need an amp that is rated for 2-3x the rms power of the sub. 2 750w rms subs should have at least a 3kw amp to power them to their full potential.
I watched the videos about box rise by Sundown and EXO, and none of them gave me the indication that I "need" to add more power. I do know that I "can" add more power because these subs historically can handle it though. I just know with the way I like my music to sound I'll definitely need an upgrade on my hi's and mids too but, since you mentioned 3kw of power I have seen these same subs getting pushed with that same amount of power on YouTube. I also know a guy with a Taramps 3k amp . I think I need to get a better amp for my mids and hi's 1st and see if that satisfies my SQ'ish type of lust for sound. I'll definitely need sound deadening when I make the upgrade. I actually could use some now. So before I go all Willy Nilly and step my game up. I'll need a H.O. alternator, sound deadening, better hi's and mids then the 3k for now I'll just hunt down a 400w rms 4channel and some deadener got any suggestions

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.