I just got burned on eBay

sharkman

poor bass head
So 2 weeks ago I seen a dd m4 amp on eBay and it was an auction style. Then I seen the the seller had another one. Looked over to his seller feed back and he only had 13. But what I also looked into was the he's been a member since 2009. I sent him a message and asked if he had 2 of the same amps he said yes. I bided on the amp and won at $735 or something in that range. Then I looked at the shipping and it was $75. So I asked the seller what's up with that. He said he insured the package as well. I'm like ok I got a big as amp coming and I don't even know what I'm going to use it for but can always wire it at 2 or 4 ohms. I run over to 7/11 and pay a paypal card so I can send him the money. That was fun. PayPal only allow you to add $500 a day using their cards. I let the seller know what was up and since was already 11 pm I would add the rest in a few hours.

4:30 am rolls around and I'm getting up to go to work and I added the card and send the payment. I think I took the seller 3-4 days to ship my package and I asked him about it and he said he's in the navy and can only get off the ship at certain times. I'm like cool. Then he sends me a msg saying he shipped it and I don't think I got tracking info til about 2 days after that. So I missed the first 2 attempts and I had to call fedex so they can hold my package.

So today I get a call saying my package is ready for pick up. Drive to go pick it up and get there about 8:15 pm and this thing looks like crap. The runny crap. The tape looks like a slow kid did it and there a big as hole in the box. Both of the workers ask me if I was going to except the package. Said yeah I've been waiting for a week and half for this. Throw it in the bronco drive home. Heart is pounding.

Open the the box and the tape cuts like butter. This had to be the cheapest tape ever. The box is huge and is packed with nothing. I open the box and I start digging to find a brick. A huge grey brick....

I sent the seller a message and asked him what the hell is this. I opened a case and don't know if I did that Right. Now I don't know what to do. I'm out of $800 and Its a month before Christmas. This would have been the biggest amp I've ever had and I guess that wont happen. I made in my mind I want bay anything from a private seller on eBay anymore. For the most part I'm safe and paranoid about buy from people online. I prefer local and I'm never worried about getting robbed since I always have protection....this is sad and I hope it can get resolved quickly...

Buyer beware View attachment 26553822View attachment 26553823View attachment 26553824View attachment 26553825View attachment 26553826View attachment 26553827View attachment 26553828View attachment 26553829

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty sure ebay will go into ur favor, i hope u didn't do this, so what did he say
I did this? In the pics you can clearly see that first pics I took I didn't even receive the box yet. It was still behind the counter. The workers said that fedex would and shouldn't have let him ship that way. So between him and fedex somebody is shady.

He haven't hit me back yet. But I would love to see what he has to say if he even still have the account anymore...

i wasn't blaming u, i was just saying i was hoping u didn't, there have been many on here claiming someone bricked their product. so its common, according to ur pics, it appears they had done it. But i have that u have to go through this, but i think u will be ok, eBay should go ur way, but keep us informed. good luck man

i wasn't blaming u, i was just saying i was hoping u didn't, there have been many on here claiming someone bricked their product. so its common, according to ur pics, it appears they had done it. But i have that u have to go through this, but i think u will be ok, eBay should go ur way, but keep us informed. good luck man
No I understand. I read one about 2 members here. I don't know how that turned out but it was crazy. That's why I took them pics before I left the store. I hope it was fedex and I can apologize to the seller. But for the amount I sent I'm pointing a finger at everyone. I was just hoping that I could step up with the big boys but I guess that will have to wait. Makes me want to buy new. But there's a few members here I know are good. I got an alt from one member and he was solid

there are some good solid ones here, but i haven't really bought anything in about a year so idk how it is now, but best of luck to u and i hope u can get what u are wanting, i just dont know why people would still do **** like that on ebay, but again u never know it could have been the carrier too. who knows now, too many shady people in the world

That is scandolous bro. ****** people out there. I bought a dc alt couple years ago on eBay. Dude supposedly sent it to the wrong address which delayed a week so I contacted my local usps and was told he had shipped a envelope. Not sure how an alt would fit an envelope. I tried contacting him no response. He closed his eBay account soon after. I filled a PayPal claim but ended losing it somehow cause he responded and provided a tracking number that clearly said that the package was "undeliverable as addressed" lol. So hopefully PayPal gives you your money. Good luck and keep us posted.

Ebay buyer protection is legit, ebay shpuld 100% cover you or atleast thats what i think theyd do. Whats the stated package weight and the brick weight? If its different the package was sent out with one thing and in the process is was swapped out

If I ordered an amp and went to pick it up at FedEx and it was a huge box that was beat to crap I would have opened it right at FedEx... Why wait until u get home?
This also though^^^

When that happened to me i opened the package AT the counter for proof from every source possible

I'd make sure when you took those pics before you accepted the package, you know what workers were there. Its always better to have more people in your corner to say yeah that was the boxes condition before he accepted it, same as this picture right here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sharkman

poor bass head
sharkman
oakland ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from