I just got burned on eBay

if you go onto ebay search m4 and then go to the sold ones and sort by recently ended, that guy charlielcb had 3? Im leaving my computer right now but if somoene takes the time and looks over all three ads very closely and the pics im sure the amps are the same, if not two out of the three.

Dude eBay will take care of you. You'll get your money back and the seller will be banned. I shipped an amp one time that turned out to not work when it got to its destination. The buyer notified ebay that the amp was broken and they paid 80 bucks for him to ship it back to me.

i've asked sellers for additional photos, with a paper with username and date for proof they actually have the thing (what us forums do). you can also use Google to search for instances of the same photo elsewhere on the internet. and seeing the same photo in another ad is a red flag that would require a new photo with username and date. if a seller won't take another photo for a buyer of a big item, the no deal. if you get excuses like "I'm not with it", or " work to much" then pass on them.

i've bought and sold hundreds of times. only a few issues with stuff that didn't work (but i didn't pay much for). I had stuff damaged in shipping a few times.

I'd make sure when you took those pics before you accepted the package, you know what workers were there. Its always better to have more people in your corner to say yeah that was the boxes condition before he accepted it, same as this picture right here.
Well I have the receipt from when I picked it up. That has the worker name. I'm on the phone with eBay now

Ebay buyer protection is legit, ebay shpuld 100% cover you or atleast thats what i think theyd do. Whats the stated package weight and the brick weight? If its different the package was sent out with one thing and in the process is was swapped out
How do I find the shipping weight? Should I weight the brick or the box? And how to I see if the package was really insured like he said

Looks like he sold the same amp 3 times and the same DD sub twice in the last week and a half. Odds are he owns or owned all of it at one point since pics didn't match anything I found in Google images. Assuming he burned the other buyers as well that makes your word against his scenario a lot easier if he did the same thing to a few others.

This stuff seems to be happening more and more.. On a diesel forum, a reputable shop sold an intake, buyer once he received complained that it did not have certain part. Returned it, and got full refund from payal on the part. Shop received the part back except it was not the part. It was a brick that was weighted identical to the parts weight. Shop is out 400 bucks since payal sees that it was returned and customer has a new part for free.. That was about a month ago, and its still going on..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sharkman

poor bass head
sharkman
oakland ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from