I just got burned on eBay

Dang I messed up. I opened a case but it was a return case so I closed it looking for a refund. So now I can't open a case on eBay. They transferred me over to PayPal...been on the phone for an hour

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Now I can't log on to PayPal cause they saying I need to reset my password

Should've refused the package when it looked like that.

Also, doesn't look like the right dimensions to ship an amp in......

More like a mini-fridge, lol

Should've refused the package when it looked like that.
Also, doesn't look like the right dimensions to ship an amp in......

More like a mini-fridge, lol
Yeah two worker asked me if I was sure I wanted the package... It was late and I wasnt thinking. Just got off the phone with PayPal and they said they will look into the matter. I'm trying not to stress about it. I will weight everything tonight. Going over to the in-laws to do a engine swap on my bike. That should relax me a bit until I hit a bad bolt or something

Last edited by a moderator:
This sort of thing happens often on ebay when it comes to used car audio amps. Half of the times its broken. Usually you want to buy from someone with lots of feedback which means its an account thats valuable to them. With low feedback, they most likely couldnt care less if their account is closed or fined.

How do I find the shipping weight? Should I weight the brick or the box? And how to I see if the package was really insured like he said
Well weigh the box with brick in it and all packaging and then look at the shipping paper on the box. It should state product weight

I did this? In the pics you can clearly see that first pics I took I didn't even receive the box yet. It was still behind the counter. The workers said that fedex would and shouldn't have let him ship that way. So between him and fedex somebody is shady.
He haven't hit me back yet. But I would love to see what he has to say if he even still have the account anymore...
Listen to me so you dont mess it up. Call paypal right this second. Dont waste your time online call paypal tell them whats going on and then call ebay once ur done. Tell them your not waiting to work it out he sent you a brick. Not even a broken item but a brick. They will refund you asap. CALL DONT WASTE TIME. THE MORE TIME GONE BY THE HARDER IT IS TO BELIEVE

Was it one of these guys who shipped it?
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/*negative*-feedback/616134-beware-overclock.html

I don't think so it came from va

Now I have his name I can google him.....I have to look it up. I think it's on the box as well.

Whats his nammmeeee!!!!!?!?!?!? Im in va

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Dang I messed up. I opened a case but it was a return case so I closed it looking for a refund. So now I can't open a case on eBay. They transferred me over to PayPal...been on the phone for an hour 

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Now I can't log on to PayPal cause they saying I need to reset my password
future reference always call.

This is why I always send pics of the product boxed up during the whole process. To insure them and cover me as well.

As serious as this is I couldn't help but laugh. Who really has the audacity to ship someone a ******* brick like that's ridiculous. But I know you're sweating it but I would try not to worry too much. Something as obvious as this is usually taken care of, eBay and PayPal have gotten much better about refunds.

As serious as this is I couldn't help but laugh. Who really has the audacity to ship someone a ******* brick like that's ridiculous. But I know you're sweating it but I would try not to worry too much. Something as obvious as this is usually taken care of, eBay and PayPal have gotten much better about refunds.
My friend got a log in a box before.

My friend bought a gun off of gun-broker and got a ziplock bag of gravel and a Thank You card.
Yeah I'm staying calm. Only response he gave me is why did I except the package if I didn't like the box? Fool is you 4real. I excepted cuz I wanted my **** amp I paid for. This guy must be slow. He got to be somewhere in the mix if he selling amps and know he can get money off them.

The weight is 29.4 and that's using a bathroom scale. The shipped weights stated 30.2.... That's pretty close plus we are using two different scales.

His name is Luis bogran....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sharkman

poor bass head
sharkman
oakland ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from