Do I need more batteries

Participant count
  • Participant list
Here is the system build I am doing right now.

2 15'' American Bass XFL's (2ohm)

Sound magus VS3500.1 Sound Magus VS3500.1 High Performance class D .5 Ohm Stable Mono Bass Amplifiers (VS3500.1)

3 Deka Intimidators Deka 9A78 Intimidator

Power bastards 220 amp alt https://www.powerbastards.com/products.asp?cat=142216

1. Are 3 of those dekas enough or will I need more?(already bought one, buying the other two on friday, I get them $50 a piece brand new) 165 ah all together

2. Does anyone have experience with the sound magus VS3500?

Halp me

Nobody here knows if you need a better alt or more batteries. What you have now (a 220 amp alt and 3 decent batts) isn't so far out of the question that there is an obvious answer. The truth is, whether or not you need a charging system upgrade depends just as much on your listening habits as it does your list of equipment. Do you always listen at high volume levels. Do you drive without the stereo on, or at low volume, semi-regularly? How bass heavy is the music you usually listen to? Etc. All of these questions affect whether or not your current system will be adequate, and nobody here knows those answers but you. Everything else is just guesses.

If budget is a concern, just go with what you have for now, carry jumper cables around, and watch your voltage gauge closely.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.