I have a couple questions about wiring a lc6I in my car

Participant count
  • Participant list

southport2014
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I am sort of confused on how to wire up a lc6i in my car. I have a 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo.

It has a factory amp. It also has a stock component set consisting of a tweeter and 6.5 speaker in the front. How Would I wire the front speakers to the first channel, rears to the second channel, and sub to the third channel.

Also If I take the door speakers wires from the stock amp and plug them into the lc6I that will create a rca preous. How would I run the speakers on the aftermarket amp?

Hi! I asked some ( a, lot) questions about the lc7i that I bought and I made a drawing on how to wire it. Dont know how to put it here, but if you go to my profile you should be able to see. It might help. Also you can search for lc7i in the search box above and you should be able to see some of my threads where some people help me with some concern.

I haven't hooked mine yet, but it will be same setup as you but my 2010 f150 doesnt have factory amp. Please let me know if you find some answers as it will also help me.

Hi -

If your factory amp has separate channels for front tweeters and front doors, you can connect as follows:

Front tweeters into channel 1

Front doors into channel 2

Sub into channel 3

Sum channel 2 to main. You will then have one full range output (front tweeter and woofer combined) on channel 1 and sub output on channel 3. You'll note that you will lose front/rear fade with this set up.

An alternative set up would be:

Front tweeters into channel 1

Rear into channel 2

Front doors into channel 3

Sum channel 3 to main. You will then have one full range output (front tweeter and woofer combined) on channel 1; rear output on channel 2; and you may use the door signal on channel 3 as a sub output. In this configuration you will not be using the factory sub signal.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.