I got the guts to a great system?

Participant count
  • Participant list

KiddCamaro99
10+ year member

So i'm still pretty new to this site and the audio world well solo. I learned of some a sub brand FI.

I got two stealth enclosures

two 10 FI Q subs

and two Sundown SAZ-1500D Amps

I need some good wiring and what battery to us in my 99 camaro.

so my question is what Car Battery Should i buy to power this system and what wiring is good but not to expensive. I've seen wiring alone run 200.00 to 20.00 bucks. I'm just looking for good wiring suggestions and car battery for my car. I don't want my lights dimming in and out but i don't wanna blow my car wiring with a semi truck battery either lol. It may sound dumb but i'm only 18yrs old learning all this through asking and researching.

Thanks in advance guys/gals

you should only need one of those sundown 1500d amps to power the pair of 10s id imagine.

you want a sealed battery type.

optima - are the worst of them - dont get an optima unless you feel like punching your nuts alot.

kenetik are pretty good. I have two of them with no complaints.

xs power - costs alot but is the stuff dreams are made of.

deka has some - I think its called an intimidator

stinger makes one

manny more are out there.

search out the term "big 3"

its the upgraded wiring you need to do with a big car audio system.

I always choose Knu's wiring. It's done me great, and never had ANY sort of problems with it. I've been through 6 spools of the KCA 1/0. The Fleks cable is going to be much more expensive compared to KCA as it's pure copper, and KCA is copper clad aluminum. I've never used nor looked into Shok wiring, but it seems to be more expensive than Knu is, especially for the CCA. The OFC is about the same price it looks like. The Shok seems to have a few more strands than Knu's products do. Definitely look into the Big 3, it will be one of the most beneficial things you can do when upgrading electrical. As far as batteries go, I don't have much experience with them, other than Optima's. I got them pretty cheap, so I was/am happy with them. If you get Optima go for a Yellow top.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

KiddCamaro99

10+ year member
KiddCamaro99
Louisville, KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from