Wiring two new Kicker dual voice coil 2 ohm subs to zx2500.1?? help please

Participant count
  • Participant list

yo0123yo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
I have the speaker wire and all the power necessary for these i just dont know how to wire the subs inside of the box or how to wire them together...can anyone tell me step by step how to wire these to a 2 ohm load please.. thanks...i saw some diagrams online and tried but all that did was confuse me..thanks again

on each sub, wire the voice coils as such, wire positive of one coil to negative of other coil( called series), do the same to other sub.

now you should have a positive and a negative left over on each sub, connect these wires to their corresponding spots on your terminal cups, if your just using a box with a hole in the back with wires coming out then skip this step.

now were wiring the subs parallel. So connect both positives together, and both negatives together and connect wires to amp, now you have a 2 ohm load.

next time you need help with sub woofer wiring issues and impedance, use this calculator, it pretty straight forward, and show you decent diagrams with all options for final impedance.

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams

on each sub, wire the voice coils as such, wire positive of one coil to negative of other coil( called series), do the same to other sub.
now you should have a positive and a negative left over on each sub, connect these wires to their corresponding spots on your terminal cups, if your just using a box with a hole in the back with wires coming out then skip this step.

now were wiring the subs parallel. So connect both positives together, and both negatives together and connect wires to amp, now you have a 2 ohm load.

next time you need help with sub woofer wiring issues and impedance, use this calculator, it pretty straight forward, and show you decent diagrams with all options for final impedance.

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams
thanks so what you both have told me is eventually the same? also the wires that connect to the amp do they go to each sub or to only one sub?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.