****, I got smoke!

qtipextra
5,000+ posts

The Original
Well today, I was driving home from work and my amp went into protect. I turned my HU on and off, and my amp wouldnt go into protect until I juiced it up a little. Well then it went into protect and I turned HU off one more time, and turned it on, turned it all the way up, and my amp didnt go into protect, but was still on, but i didnt have anysound comming from my subs. So I turn it off, get home, and open my trunk to see smoke billowing out everywhere. I locate the source, the ports in my box. Now I know that my subs are pyles of ****, but to be smoking when I wanst even pushing them? I turned my gain more then half way down when I got them back from pyle as not to blow them again, but then this happens!

Just another reason not to buy pyle!!

But anyways, what usually makes a sub smoke? this was very white smoke, but very strong smelling, and it filled my trunk with it. Voice coils overheated and what?

I like to keep you guys posted on the bigest mistake I made (buying pyles of ****) becuz you all warned me not to get them but I did anywayz. I hope I can convince everyone everywhere not to buy pyle products due to personal experience

time to buy them SEs eh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif,
Yes, the only problem is NO MONEY!

I cant wait to get my SE's tho.

It will be so much better.

This is the second time Ive sent these back to pyle, and not its gonna be a third,

so far iv spend 150 on shipping cuz they dont pay shipping either direction.

MY TATIC:

1)Call pyle and ream their asses

2)Tell them im goint to turn them in for poor business wutever ( My moms idea, she knows all this good stuff that I dont )

3)Turn them in to the above mentioned

4)Sick my mom on em

--------------------

MY MOM IS GONNA TRY AND GET!

1)Shipping paid both ways for the 3rd shipment

2)Get my 150 dollars back for the other times that were just a waste

3) See if they will send me back 2 new whole things (2 12" in bandpass) free of charge

4) If necisary, hire a lawyer and sue thier asses.

IF i get 2 whole things, them Im gonna sell them for 400

IF we sue and win: YAY, more money!

I doutb anything that good will happen tho.

i dont think that will happen outside they may replace the woofers MAYBE. for all your complaints they have one thing to fall back on and thats user abuse. reguardless if you did or not a burned up vc is abuse.

yea, but them fu(kers, the subs held out better the first time I got them when my gains were all the way up! At least the first time I got 3 months outtta them, this time I got 1 week!!!

sue them cost you $2000 minium....next youll lose no way to prove you didnt do it yourself....next some pioneers will make you happy for not much more than those pyles..... you might just try to get them to refund ya money in full.......

you can take a plane for $150.

sue them cost you $2000 minium....next youll lose no way to prove you didnt do it yourself....next some pioneers will make you happy for not much more than those pyles..... you might just try to get them to refund ya money in full.......
dood if you know where i can sell pyle bandpass boxxes for 2 grand hook me up i will split the proffit with you 50 50 . to pyle its a warranty. did he buy it straight from pyle? i doubt it only way he could get a refund is from the seller as to pyle the subs are only worth what they sold them to the seller for.

well i was just being overly irritatated when I said that. but I need to get money as quickly as possible to get these things outta my life as soon as possible! My parents only let me work 2 hours a day right now, becuz of grades, so my job barley covers gas and insurance, and not even that usually

what?? said to sue them will cost $2000...what box are you talking about?

----anyways i was telling the guy it might just be best to get your money back.then no more shipping charges...

they might spring for you to ship them back......

as a rule anything i get fixxed i sell while it works.no telling how long before it breaks again.....

i think you might argue that the subs are defective to get a refund......theres a law called a lemon law but it varies state to state. whatever you do start it now.....

if you wait it looks funny....they wonder whyd you wait...

MY TATIC:1)Call pyle and ream their asses

2)Tell them im goint to turn them in for poor business wutever ( My moms idea, she knows all this good stuff that I dont )

3)Turn them in to the above mentioned

4)Sick my mom on em

1) the phrase "you get what you pay for" comes to mind. you bought cheap stuff and this is your consequence. sorry to say it, but you might just be out of some money. and seeing as how this is not manufacturers defect, i fail to see how they are in the wrong here(i also know that a pyle sub will take one hell of a beating before it goes)

2) again, not poor buisiness on their end, from what i can see... threatening them like that with no evidence will probably not work well for you.

3) see above

4) no comment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

like i said before, good luck with it all... but this looks to be one of those "learn your lesson, take the loss and move on" kinda things
[/QUOTE]

a 200-300 dollar box is small claims. if you spend money on a lawyer for that .......lmao. besides that im sure they get sued all the time and have lawyers and techs.what they are gonna say is the copper in the coil wasnt burnt when it left the plant. so its getting OVER powered somewhere. again im not trying to be a jerk i just know what they will say after all i used to be a manufacturers rep. if they are watching out for you they will replace the subs and MIGHT pay for the return shipping. im sure it costs them far less to ship than it does you. if not i would expect them to do lesser.

Unfortenatly yes it does, i know

For those that havnt picked up on it yet, my "tatics" was pretty much a joke, I was not intending to try and do that stuff, but I will try and do somthing about it just not near that dramatic

ok..i gotta go but you said you paid $150 shipping....

did the speakers cost that much???? you coulda got some nice pioneers for $150.........

are you mailing the speakers back or the box with speakers?????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

qtipextra

5,000+ posts
The Original
qtipextra
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date