I GOT FINANCED!!!!! Mods for 1997 blazer

Participant count
  • Participant list

Geminidj2000
10+ year member

The Bad Luck Kid
Denver
ok i need some mods for a 1997 4x4 4 door blazer I was looking at jet chips website they had a power package for 350 would i bet better to get that or to get my intake and catback from other places and just the chip?

right now im thinking

intake 200

catback 300

mass air sensor 300

jet chip 200

other things im thinking about are headers and a supercharger and more agressive cams im not sure were to get cams at so a link would be helpfull I also need to know how fast a blazer hits 60 seconds stock.......... im trying to get nit down to 6 seconds or less hit me back with some sugestions

It has a 4.3 litter v6 i was thiking about doing a engine swap but i dont know if ill need to......... with a super chager and other mods ill be able to hit around 350hp is that gonna be enough i wanna be able to snatch on Eclipse............. how fast do u think ill be able to hit 60

If you plan on having the vehicle for a while, upgrade. The 5.7L Vortec swap is pretty straight forward...also look at ohhhh, an 89 IROC-Z 350 TPI:)

Think, though...really....do you want to spend all that money on your 4.3L, and find out it still isnt really fast? Many of those mods, when totaled up, will equal the price of an engine swap. Then you are talking about some serious power.

- Steve

how much is a engine swap usally? and were can i find that engine should i go to a junk yard or what? and whats thye stock hp on that engine isnt it like 255 hp?....... thats like putting a supercharger on the 4.3 so if its less then 4000 ill do it but doesnt it take more gas? i was gonna get a yukon which has that engine and it got 14 mpg does that mean thats what my blazer would get?.......... and is bumping blazer around i wanted to ask him how much his engine swap cost............ and what else would i need to swap.... will i need to change trans misssions.... and a blazers mph thing only goes to 100..... so wont civics and stufff be able to snatch on me?

I do believe the 97 4.3 V6 has 190 HP....I would do the swap, if money permits...

I just found out that with some minor modifications, I can slip a Pontiac 350 in mine....

Or I can do the 305 HO....either would be better than what I have now...

Originally posted by Geminidj2000 yeh but how much does it cost?
That's a good question....
I know nothing about swaps, I'm horrible with engines....

My friend and I are a team, he does all the engine work, I do the system work...it works out good hehe...

Look for a Blazer forum, I'm sure they have one and they will know what to do...

Engine swaps can cost anywhere from $1000 - $5000+.

Purchasing a crate engine(brand spankin' new) is usually around $2000-$4000, for most basic engines.

Going to the scrap yard and asking to look at all of the 350's available would cost you oh, Id say around $1000-$3000...for a used engine, remember.

If you dont do this yourself...it'll kill you with the labor price$ . Talk to a local shop and see if they would be willing to do it for you, and you could help them do the swap...they are usually more forgiving when it comes to labor prices, that way.

Again, the removal of the 4.3L and the input of the 5.7L is probably one of your more basic engine swaps.

Swapping tranny's is usually up to you...I prefer to do it...I know many tranny's are not built to handle the power and abuse you will lay down with a new engine;)

A 350 TPI mated with a Turbo 4spd or IROC 5spd...mmmm.

- Steve

Originally posted by ss3079 Engine swaps can cost anywhere from $1000 - $5000+.

Purchasing a crate engine(brand spankin' new) is usually around $2000-$4000, for most basic engines.

Going to the scrap yard and asking to look at all of the 350's available would cost you oh, Id say around $1000-$3000...for a used engine, remember.

If you dont do this yourself...it'll kill you with the labor price$ . Talk to a local shop and see if they would be willing to do it for you, and you could help them do the swap...they are usually more forgiving when it comes to labor prices, that way.

Again, the removal of the 4.3L and the input of the 5.7L is probably one of your more basic engine swaps.

Swapping tranny's is usually up to you...I prefer to do it...I know many tranny's are not built to handle the power and abuse you will lay down with a new engine;)

A 350 TPI mated with a Turbo 4spd or IROC 5spd...mmmm.

- Steve
How about me stealing my dad's 350 with an 8-71 blower and zoomie headers and dropping it in my s-10? Although the engine isn't complete who gives a ****. Complete and drop it in there, man that would be sweet.

EDIT: 1000 posts. Whoopie. Seems like only last week i had 900. Oh wait, i did have 900 last week!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by tommyk90 How about me stealing my dad's 350 with an 8-71 blower and zoomie headers and dropping it in my s-10? Although the engine isn't complete who gives a ****. Complete and drop it in there, man that would be sweet.

EDIT: 1000 posts. Whoopie. Seems like only last week i had 900. Oh wait, i did have 900 last week!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Congrats on the 1K posts...now multiply that by 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8, and you'd be in good shape:p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Drop that sum-***** engine in there man...go for it.

I know a guy with an extended cab S-10, somehows he crammed a 454 in there...hummm, oh yeah, he turned it into a 2 seater and the firewall was moved back 2 feet:D Not even close to street legal, though...it's all wacked out...but fast as hell.

- Steve

u keep saying that its preaty basic...... hopw much does a engine weigh? how many people will i need to just carrey it?......... and is it really not that hard like what would i need im preaty sure my best friends girls dad has a pulley ......... and is there anyway to check the miles on a engine........ and the blazer im getting is a automatic does this matter?

Auto is fine. Should all work the same.

Some engines are HEAVY. I suggest a pully/crane to hold it up to work on and drop it in...really, dont pack it around with a couple friends. Miles on an engine...check the gauge? Dont buy an engine thats been sitting out in the open for a while...thats brutal.

- Steve

Originally posted by ss3079 Congrats on the 1K posts...now multiply that by 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8, and you'd be in good shape:p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Drop that sum-***** engine in there man...go for it.

I know a guy with an extended cab S-10, somehows he crammed a 454 in there...hummm, oh yeah, he turned it into a 2 seater and the firewall was moved back 2 feet:D Not even close to street legal, though...it's all wacked out...but fast as hell.

- Steve
Oh, i'm workin on the post count. And about the engine, if i wasn't in school there would be a small block in there.

Originally posted by tommyk90 Oh, i'm workin on the post count. And about the engine, if i wasn't in school there would be a small block in there.
Dam rights there would be.

Check out: http://edelbrock.com/automotive/crate_engines_intro.html

Nothing better than rebuilding one yourself though...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Geminidj2000

10+ year member
The Bad Luck Kid
Geminidj2000
Denver
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date