I give up... looking to replace my 10w3's without breaking the bank...

Id still recommend the Sundown that I mentioned earlier,and as stated earlier, more power would be ideal as well..the 500/1 you have is a nice amp, but a 1000/1or even a different type amp with a true 750-1200 rms would be very nice on the subs I mentioned.I did get to sit in an Xcab chevy @The Tx Heat Wave that had a pair of type r 10s running them @1/2 ohm load, and they were getting down!!And getting pretty warmed up, but they need some airspace to sound/perform nicely.I enjoyed that demo..but nothing compared to Twisteds Flatt Black suv man..it was slamming!!!Thanks for those demos to those guys! Both were quite impressive!!
sorry man but you don't have a clue..

It's not just you..

he wants to keep the box, I agree upgrade the amp..

but to recommend a sub that has such a stiff suspension for a seal application is pure nonsense..

I've been building woofers for a few years now and I'd never use that woof in such an alignment..

if you wanted to keep the 500/1 the ascendant audio assassin 10s with 1/2 stuffed polyfill will still kick those jls asses

if you wanted to move up in power as aresinal is another perfect candidate as well as the ssa gcon..

sorry man but you don't have a clue..It's not just you..

she (//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif) wants to keep the box, I agree upgrade the amp..

but to recommend a sub that has such a stiff suspension for a seal application is pure nonsense..

I've been building woofers for a few years now and I'd never use that woof in such an alignment..

if you wanted to keep the 500/1 the ascendant audio assassin 10s with 1/2 stuffed polyfill will still kick those jls asses

if you wanted to move up in power as aresinal is another perfect candidate as well as the ssa gcon..
Why would I need to upgrade the amp if I want to keep the box? The 500/1 is plenty of power for what I'm wanting. I'm only really looking at 250-300 rms. I looked up the AA Assassins and according to the specs, it seems like my box is definitely on the small side? For sealed, 0.6ft^3 is the minimum they recommend.

Does anyone have any experience with the RE audio SRX's? Based on price, specs and reviews... I'm 90% set on these... (Lol sorry, I'm a noob... and a female.. I'm very indecisive)

I would consider looking into Dayton HF10 subwoofers instead of HO10. The HO10 have lower sensitivity, higher inductance. The HF10s will get more SPL on limited power, and they will probably sound more accurate too. You may need to stuff the box with polyfill a little. HO10 look like a fantastic subwoofer to put into a compact ported box.

TL DR.

OP, have you confirmed that it's not a broken seem in the box? This will make awful noises that you can never find.

I would lean towards Dayton. A lot of small sealed box SQ types reccomend

Why would I need to upgrade the amp if I want to keep the box? The 500/1 is plenty of power for what I'm wanting. I'm only really looking at 250-300 rms. I looked up the AA Assassins and according to the specs, it seems like my box is definitely on the small side? For sealed, 0.6ft^3 is the minimum they recommend.

Does anyone have any experience with the RE audio SRX's? Based on price, specs and reviews... I'm 90% set on these... (Lol sorry, I'm a noob... and a female.. I'm very indecisive)
General buzz about RE is that their woofers aren't what they used to be.

TL DR.

OP, have you confirmed that it's not a broken seem in the box? This will make awful noises that you can never find.

I would lean towards Dayton. A lot of small sealed box SQ types reccomend
No.. How would I go about checking that? For the longest time, I did think it was my box rattling against my trunk... didn't even think about the possibility of a crack/seam. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

No.. How would I go about checking that? For the longest time, I did think it was my box rattling against my trunk... didn't even think about the possibility of a crack/seam. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
If the subs don't make rattling noise outside of the box that's a good sign the box is the culprit. Sometimes you can actually see it when they're playing in the box. If you're playing it, apply pressure to sides and seems and see if you can make the noise lessen by pressing on any one spot.

Alternately try different subs in the box, or try your subs in a different box if you have access to either.

^ Wow, I'm an idiot... totally forgot I took the subs out of the box and they still sounded like ****. Lol

I rewired my subs last night... thought I found the "bad" one, so I just hooked up the "good" one, adjusted my amp, turned up the volume... and it still sounded awful. Either they're both just effed up, or I'm going crazy. Either way... I'm done with these things.. lol

after stuffing the box it will raise the we to .38 acting like .725 per sub.. lowend won't be thundering but they will sound great and get a lot louder above 40hz..

that the sacrfice your going to have to make for more output..

I def agree with the Incriminator subs or I also recommend the Digital Design 500 series subs. I have a couple vehicles I did as pure SQ systems with a pair of these subs in 1.1 cu ft sealed enclosures off a 600 watt Arc Audio amp and they sound amazing with ALOT of output. Just FYI the rest of the system contained Hybrid Audio Legatia components running all active. These subs def fall under the $300 price budget you are looking to spend. I could also set up a demo listen for you if you didnt mind making the drive to Raleigh

Okay - narrowed it down... again... bear with me LOL

Does anyone have any experience with the IA I series? I've heard nothing but good things about them.. and I can get 2 for right around $200.

So it's between these for me... based heavily on price... and I know these are quality subs for the money:

- IA I-10

- SA E-10

- Dayton HF 10

...Any last words? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hide.gif.2d479cfd917eedfe201353b91522ceab.gif

hello?

are you serious..

the as our displaces all I've them and is more ideal than all of them and your still going to recommend/consider those options?

and the 500 series sealed? that thing has 11mm xmax..

pitiful recommendations..

it's your money do ur thing..

btw you should have gotten a BMW //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

hello?are you serious..

the as our displaces all I've them and is more ideal than all of them and your still going to recommend/consider those options?

and the 500 series sealed? that thing has 11mm xmax..

pitiful recommendations..

it's your money do ur thing..

btw you should have gotten a BMW //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I'm gonna be honest... I have no idea what you're talking about LOL...

Done and done... made my decision - getting a pair of IA i10's. The i series is new, but an improvement on the 187 which seems to be one the best SQ subs at its price point.

Thanks for all the help guys! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.