I give up... looking to replace my 10w3's without breaking the bank...

You got a link for these?
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/audio-technix/557941-audio-technix-subwoofer-pre-order-due-stock-around-november-10th-2012-a.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/audio-technix/548593-audio-technix-tropo-strato-subwoofer-line.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/audio-technix/557467-audio-technix-tropo-strato-subwoofer-line-t-s-production-pictures.html

The amount of motor force on the moving mass [(bl^2/re)/mms] for the 400w models is the same as a sundown sa series

They also have low inductance and low moving masses, which should give them excellent transitional capabilities aka very musical

wait, how come no one is addressing the box size???

1.2 cubes (net / gross??) is a small box for 2 -10's (even 10's that say they will work in that small of a box do not dig very low)

I would think redoing the box for a single 10" would give better output.

[quote name='>>SQL

1.2 cubes (net / gross??) is a small box for 2 -10's (even 10's that say they will work in that small of a box do not dig very low)

I would think redoing the box for a single 10" would give better output.[/quote']

Surprisingly enough, they are very, very loud on lower frequencies... (I Put On for My City has a really low bass line that my W3's can pick up but that you can barely hear on my friends 12" Kicker Comp)... but I agree, the box is on the small side.

I would ideally like a single W6... but I just don't know if I can justify the price, and IME, JL's sound fantastic but they're kinda sensitive. My friend has two 12W6's and he's had a lot of issues with them... but I love the way they sound.

Theoretically, couldn't I just keep one of my W3's in there, but not hooked up to the amp, and have 1 10 on the other side?

Surprisingly enough, they are very, very loud on lower frequencies... (I Put On for My City has a really low bass line that my W3's can pick up but that you can barely hear on my friends 12" Kicker Comp)... but I agree, the box is on the small side.
I would ideally like a single W6... but I just don't know if I can justify the price, and IME, JL's sound fantastic but they're kinda sensitive. My friend has two 12W6's and he's had a lot of issues with them... but I love the way they sound.

Theoretically, couldn't I just keep one of my W3's in there, but not hooked up to the amp, and have 1 10 on the other side?
Are they in a shared chamber?

The amount of motor force on the moving mass [(bl^2/re)/mms] for the 400w models is the same as a sundown sa series
They also have low inductance and low moving masses, which should give them excellent transitional capabilities aka very musical
Thank you sir! Don't know how I missed that thread. They look decent enough for the price.... Obviously they'll go up a little after the pre-sale.

I'm seriously considering a pair of SA E-series... plenty of power IMO.. don't think I'd need to go with the SA series. Is my box big enough, and how would these compare to my W3's?

Dayton HO has lots of good reviews on diyma. Maybe give them a look
Thanks - Checked them out and I'm liking the prices on those too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Unfortunately, a lot of the brands mentioned are out of my budget... I said around $300, but I really want to spend $300 tops.. so no more than $150 per sub.

So far, I think I've narrowed it down to:

1. SA E10's

2. AT Strato 10's

3. Dayton HO 10's

4. Single W6, Type R, or a IA Lethal Injection

Thoughts?

Also, how would a single work in my box?

I would say single w6, 10 or 12. Or pair of HO's

I've never heard dayton before but then again I'd never heard a lot of subs on this or other boards before buying, my next build will be 2 HO 12s and then add 2 more to it when money permits

Thanks - Checked them out and I'm liking the prices on those too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Unfortunately, a lot of the brands mentioned are out of my budget... I said around $300, but I really want to spend $300 tops.. so no more than $150 per sub.

1. SA E10's

2. AT Strato 10's

3. Dayton HO 10's

Thoughts?

get a pair of the preorder e8 v3

1. SA E10's

2. AT Strato 10's

3. Dayton HO 10's

Thoughts?

Id still recommend the Sundown that I mentioned earlier,and as stated earlier, more power would be ideal as well..the 500/1 you have is a nice amp, but a 1000/1or even a different type amp with a true 750-1200 rms would be very nice on the subs I mentioned.I did get to sit in an Xcab chevy @The Tx Heat Wave that had a pair of type r 10s running them @1/2 ohm load, and they were getting down!!And getting pretty warmed up, but they need some airspace to sound/perform nicely.I enjoyed that demo..but nothing compared to Twisteds Flatt Black suv man..it was slamming!!!Thanks for those demos to those guys! Both were quite impressive!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.