I feel my system isn't hitting as hard as it should...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nevalite
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
Hey,

I recently installed a kicker zx750.1 and a 12" alpine type-R (4 Ohm DVC) in a 2.4 cubes ported box tuned to 34Hz.

This is my first install and first system ever and I am very pleased with myself seeing that it's all up and running good. Now it seems pretty loud to me but since it's my first system I'm sure it sounds louder than it really is...

I was looking at some videos of Alpine Type-Rs and they seem to be moving a LOT more than mine is (excursion?) The only thing I can figure is that my amp isn't giving out as much power as it should...

Should a kicker zx750.1 move an alpine type-r a lot? maybe I could take a vid of it and let you guys be the judge of it.

I think that maybe my amp isn't grounded well enough so it's not powering like it should, is that possible?

Thanks

Hey,
I recently installed a kicker zx750.1 and a 12" alpine type-R (4 Ohm DVC) in a 2.4 cubes ported box tuned to 34Hz.

This is my first install and first system ever and I am very pleased with myself seeing that it's all up and running good. Now it seems pretty loud to me but since it's my first system I'm sure it sounds louder than it really is...

I was looking at some videos of Alpine Type-Rs and they seem to be moving a LOT more than mine is (excursion?) The only thing I can figure is that my amp isn't giving out as much power as it should...

Should a kicker zx750.1 move an alpine type-r a lot? maybe I could take a vid of it and let you guys be the judge of it.

I think that maybe my amp isn't grounded well enough so it's not powering like it should, is that possible?

Thanks
You have your sub mounted in a ported box, coine excursion will be dictated as much by the frequency being played as it will by the power input. In other words, run your signal below tuning, then come back and tell u your cone doesn't move much. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif (dont really do this)
Subs in ported boxes generally dont need to move much to acheive high output. In those cases generally thermal limits of the speaker are reached before cone excursion reaches its max potential.

There are many many reasons why you cant just look at a video of a sub moving on the internet and use that to realisitically compare to your system in any real world sense. If you are concerned it could be louder and you've done something wrong, go get it metered.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.