I feel like I just robbed someone :)

Just picked up all the items. Subs look to be in pretty decent shape. Minor (And I mean MINOR) scuff on the foam of one of the FU's surrounds, other one is perfect. Amp is actually in WAY better shape then what I thought it was going to be in, about to hook it up on the test bench and see how it does. The enclosure is in fact a custom box, I can tell because its definately a homemade carpet job and the "terminals" are a couple of screws with nuts attached. The previous owner painted the inside and didn't exactly do a fabulous job. The wood work seems decent so I don't know if I'll salvage it or not, I'm thinking of dropping one of these in a single ported box in my boat, so not really in need of the enclosure... so who knows what I'll do with it... The "terminals" have to go though, and the wiring inside looks like 14gauge, I'm going to switch to some 10 gauge ofc if I keep it. I'm may set this up in my home office and just let er rip since boating season is almost done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So I tested the amp and it works just fine.

Amp Dyno results

4ohm 599X1 at 1%THD 40HZ 14.4V

2ohm 1074x1 at 1%THD 40HZ 14.4V

Didn't test at 1ohm due to my Power Supply wouldn't be able to provide enough amps, and could damage the supply and the amp. (My Power Supply is a RD Power 150Amp Voltage Adjustable unit).

at 2ohm it pulled 117 amps.

It's not a bad amp... Overrated for sure, but is probably close to 1600rms instead of 2K RMS at 1ohm and might make it on music to the 2k number (on a resistive load...)

Also tested the subs. Pulled both of them out of the box and ran them free-air. They work as they should and man they have some stroke. Also for $169 subs these FU 750's a F'N Legit steals. I have NEVER seen a sub built like this for this price point. The motor size is impressive, The basket is nice and HD, Terminals can accept 8 gauge wiring and it has a pretty **** good stroke. Plus they are built in the USA.. I really don't know how its done.

I have these sitting next to a JL Marine Subwoofer that costs $299 and these make that thing look like tiny toy.

Also tested the subs. Pulled both of them out of the box and ran them free-air. They work as they should and man they have some stroke. Also for $169 subs these FU 750's a F'N Legit steals. I have NEVER seen a sub built like this for this price point. The motor size is impressive, The basket is nice and HD, Terminals can accept 8 gauge wiring and it has a pretty **** good stroke. Plus they are built in the USA.. I really don't know how its done.
I have these sitting next to a JL Marine Subwoofer that costs $299 and these make that thing look like tiny toy.
FU is a decent little woofer but u can't compare it to a JL marine woofer.

What is the result on a ebay claim and u file and seller has no funds in said PP account and no bank/cards to which they can charge? Does PP just eat it or buyer just sol? Ask cause I got issue going on now and I think this is the situation im in. Be it only a $40 moto part its still $40

What is the result on a ebay claim and u file and seller has no funds in said PP account and no bank/cards to which they can charge? Does PP just eat it or buyer just sol? Ask cause I got issue going on now and I think this is the situation im in. Be it only a $40 moto part its still $40
Paypal has eaten the costs in the past for me. They first try to strongarm the seller, but if they can't get access to any funds ebay ends up locking their account.

Just tested the Soundstream at 1ohm.

I didn't go to full volume because my power supply couldn't keep up. I backed off when it buzzed a bit and read 173 amps of current pull. I didn't get to the distortion threshold with that being here are the results

1574x1 1ohm 40HZ Tone 14.4V, it had more juice in it... I don't think it had 426W left in it, but maybe at clipping or dynamically with more amps available it could get close to rated.. While I'm not surprised this amp doesn't do rated (Not that I have the power on tap to get me there). I don't think this amp is a Boss, Planet Audio, Lanzar level of crap... This deal seems to get better to me by the minute...

Just made a deal on Ebay and I feel like absolutely STOLE what I am buying.
I just picked up a pair of FU Audio 12" FU750's, A custom ported box the two AND a Soundstream TX1.2000D Amp (Which I could care less about) and a **** ton of wiring.

for $200 total...
Man..Nice Deal!! Hopefully everything works as it should!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.