Feel that subs are greatly underpowered.

Box is too small (and possibly not airtight), port is too small for starters. Sedans are very difficult to get loud in general but putting a box on the back seat is going to turn out even worse than in the trunk.

Looks like the Enclosure needs to be sealed more. All Screw holes on enclosure need be siliconed at the min or Saw dust Mixed with Wood glue or Wood Putty. Seal all Joints also. along the edges. Not the Best wood for Acoustics. MDF or Birch Ply or 3/4 Plywood would be much better than The Pressed Ply sheet( Not very Rigid and quite flexable with air movement and Pressure). Im sure that box is doing some Flexing, and you may be loosing some air./ having Air leakage possibly. Do yourself a favor.. Get a Fuse in place of that power wiring from that battery to that amp. That will run you approx $30 if you go Cheap off of GP Audio and OFC.While you are there.. Look at getting a Glue and Screw Enclosure Kit Tuned for those subs . The Port and Box you have it the Main Culprit at this time.Look way too small as well for the subs.

I have this enclosure on a older pair of A.Bass XFL 12s .. and they Slamm on a CT Sounds 2k on one my Temp set ups. Looks like you know how to use a drill/ Screws and Silicone. Shouldnt be to hard for you as youve built this one here. Everything is In Alphabetical order and Marked and instructions are easy to follow. Id recommend using LockTite glue or Gorilla Wood Apoxy.. But Liquid Nails be fine and used Silicone to seal inside and out and all screw holes.
I thought the wood was mdf. Bottom half looks as if it was covered with carpet or some material, ripped off and what we see is the adhesive residue. I could be wrong though.

oh yea I literally threw this box together to try and hear these play when I got them but haven’t gotten a new box yet. I cut the top off a old box I had laying around and fabricated the top portion with wood I had laying around I had to make the port mega small to fit the subs in the box I knew it was gonna give me less power but I never noticed it till now that I’ve heard these subs in other setups and have something to compare it to.
I thought the wood was mdf. Bottom half looks as if it was covered with carpet or some material, ripped off and what we see is the adhesive residue. I could be wrong though.
yup I took a old box that is mdf and ripped the carpet off and added a top piece very temporary.

Box is too small (and possibly not airtight), port is too small for starters. Sedans are very difficult to get loud in general but putting a box on the back seat is going to turn out even worse than in the trunk.
Thanks man I’ve had it in the trunk before just felt myself needing the space but not now. It’s definitely turned out the box is my main issue.

oh yea I literally threw this box together to try and hear these play when I got them but haven’t gotten a new box yet. I cut the top off a old box I had laying around and fabricated the top portion with wood I had laying around I had to make the port mega small to fit the subs in the box I knew it was gonna give me less power but I never noticed it till now that I’ve heard these subs in other setups and have something to compare it to.
The port looks to small to me. 3.5 cubes should put you around 50 - 56 square inches of port IMO.
yup you’d be correct thanks for the info I knew it wasn’t right when I made it but had to fabricate the box with a old one. the port is so small because the subs had to fit in the top.

yup you’d be correct thanks for the info I knew it wasn’t right when I made it but had to fabricate the box with a old one. the port is so small because the subs had to fit in the top.
Im sure you can get some funds saved and get a well tuned enclosure to get those subs to do some real work. Take the time to get your electrical done correctly to meet the supply for the demand as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...