I am SO alomst done with this Alpine PXA-H800 DSP POS!!

he just disregards any worthwhile input then whines about his "intelligence" or "masculinity" being attacked when people get fed up with his ignorance. Its a shame he writes the entire forum off as trolls and jerkoffs, he could probably have his system up and running and not have blown his first woofer, but hell, not my problem, enjoy your quiet, audio-less van for a while..

he just disregards any worthwhile input then whines about his "intelligence" or "masculinity" being attacked when people get fed up with his ignorance. Its a shame he writes the entire forum off as trolls and jerkoffs, he could probably have his system up and running and not have blown his first woofer, but hell, not my problem, enjoy your quiet, audio-less van for a while..
Don't forget his claim the entire forum is misogynistic...even though I'm not entirely certain he knows the definition of misogynistic....

Don't forget his claim the entire forum is misogynistic...even though I'm not entirely certain he knows the definition of misogynistic....
A misunderstanding and this a paranoid disgust of the feminine, IN THEM, normally. Reaction Formation is responsible for a lot of this! Truck Testicles, etc.

John Kuthe...

A misunderstanding and this a paranoid disgust of the feminine, IN THEM, normally. Reaction Formation is responsible for a lot of this! Truck Testicles, etc.
John Kuthe...

I don't know you from a can of paint but it does seem like you are having an exorbitant amount of issues with what appears to be a fairly basic system. I'm not saying it's you or your installer guy but either it is or you purchased a bunch of junk equipment.

No, not the entire Caraudio.com forum, I thought I was clear on this. Only several shining examples, one of whom refers to me as "Jane" Kuthe, etc.

I got careless one evening playing my system far too loudly and burned out my sub and one driver's side 6x9 driver, not it's tweeter which I can easily hear is playing. Just no midbass now. I need to adjust the amp gains better, I have Alpine's docs on how to do it, but first I have to get the system to play at all because what Alpine says to do is:

"Set the PDX-V9 input gain to the minimum position. Using a

dynamic CD as a source, increase the head unit volume until the

output distorts.

Then, reduce the volume 1 step (or until the output is no longer

distorted). Now, increase the amplifier gain until the sound

from the speakers becomes distorted. Reduce the gain slightly

so the sound is no longer distorted to achieve the optimum

gain setting."

John Kuthe...

No, not the entire Caraudio.com forum, I thought I was clear on this. Only several shining examples, one of whom refers to me as "Jane" Kuthe, etc.
I got careless one evening playing my system far too loudly and burned out my sub and one driver's side 6x9 driver, not it's tweeter which I can easily hear is playing. Just no midbass now. I need to adjust the amp gains better, I have Alpine's docs on how to do it, but first I have to get the system to play at all because what Alpine says to do is:

output distorts.

gain setting."

John Kuthe...
Or just get a DD-1 or oscilloscope to set your gains etc

output distorts.

gain setting."

John Kuthe...
That's pretty basic level setting directions to keep a clipped signal out of your system. Not that hard if you have an Oscope, DD-1, or know what a clipped signal sounds like. Do this and you should never blow another speaker.

I don't know you from a can of paint but it does seem like you are having an exorbitant amount of issues with what appears to be a fairly basic system. I'm not saying it's you or your installer guy but either it is or you purchased a bunch of junk equipment.
It's this Alpine PXA-H800 DSP. Requires a lot of configuring in the DSP to make it work at all that I don't know how to do. I want it done for me then I will play with with a working configuration. I hate the little RUX controller thing Alpine mandates be attached to the DSP, I think. I have a WinXP laptop with a USB port and Alpine's Sound Manager program on. Tim at Custom Sounds also has this on his laptop at the Custom Sounds shop.

And as far as being a "basic system", no it's got a DSP in it, not simple! For me anyway! That's why I'm paying Tim at Custom Sounds for! I just need to have him teach me what to do when the system c r a ps out because we disconnect the battery as this appears what may have happened to break my DSP configuration.

John Kuthe...

It's this Alpine PXA-H800 DSP. Requires a lot of configuring in the DSP to make it work at all that I don't know how to do. I want it done for me then I will play with with a working configuration. I hate the little RUX controller thing Alpine mandates be attached to the DSP, I think. I have a WinXP laptop with a USB port and Alpine's Sound Manager program on. Tim at Custom Sounds also has this on his laptop at the Custom Sounds shop.
And as far as being a "basic system", no it's got a DSP in it, not simple! For me anyway! That's why I'm paying Tim at Custom Sounds for! I just need to have him teach me what to do when the system c r a ps out because we disconnect the battery as this appears what may have happened to break my DSP configuration.

John Kuthe...

I mean it's basic in that you aren't doing any major fabrication.

DSPs are not that complicating. They are nothing more than an EQ and crossover built into one unit with often times a little more extra stuff added in like time alignment that you make adjustments through a PC (or tablet). I've installed several of them.

You would probably get more out of it if you did the initial set up of the unit than if you had someone else do it and then went behind them to "play around with it". Generally that's when stuff gets messed up with these things.

Nothing personal against you. You may be a fairly intelligent guy, but if you don't understand how to install it, you probably don't know enough about it to be playing around with it after it is installed. Let your guy set it and forget about it.

It's probably something simple that any real installer would check first if a unit isn't turning on anymore. You know, a fuse.
That or he electrical taped his wires together and one of them came lose.
Something so simple that any one of us can and capable of doing. We can't make him do those things....it's up to him. HE chooses not to listen to us, we've given him PLENTY of help/suggestions, esp NSTALN and yet still would rather not do those things and go out on his own blaming software is crap on the DSP. Troubleshooting can be a pain sometimes but in this circumstance, it really shouldn't take too long to figure it out. He would rather ***** about it and create threads such as this one and blaming Alpine for a faulty unit.

I got my $$ on something simple, fuse, wire, etc.

Maybe if he tried HALF of what people here are telling him to do, he could figure it out. But he insists it's not what they are telling him, even though he has no clue.

Enjoy your music-less Amber Plan van.

Something so simple that any one of us can and capable of doing. We can't make him do those things....it's up to him. HE chooses not to listen to us, we've given him PLENTY of help/suggestions, esp NSTALN and yet still would rather not do those things and go out on his own blaming software is crap on the DSP. Troubleshooting can be a pain sometimes but in this circumstance, it really shouldn't take too long to figure it out. He would rather ***** about it and create threads such as this one and blaming Alpine for a faulty unit.
I got my $$ on something simple, fuse, wire, etc.
I agree on fuse or wire.

I agree on fuse or wire.
I figured the oh high and mighty one with an electrical engineer degree would help him in this situation. Guess not....and I call him a liar since I have yet to see ANY proof of this.

EE's are also responsible for troubleshooting/diagnosing things such as this.

And I'll never get any help here to fix it because most of y'all are too busy expressing your misogyny thinking it may threaten my sense of my masculinity! Reaction formation I'm sure due to their lack of confidence in their OWN masculinity! Not hard to imagine in a community of almost exclusively male caraudio.com fanatics or as I call them the denziens of caraudio.com! Whom if you know you you are then there ya go!

John Kuthe...
B U L L S H I T Johny....

I offered help a handful of times right here in this thread...go back and read the first few posts...I even said:

If you want to ignore this then go right ahead and keep failing and ruining your equipment.

But don't say nobody tried to help or that you 'couldn't' get the correct advice here.

But yet here you are...'I can't get help because my vagina hurts from the way people talk to me here...therefore I can't heed advice. Boo Hoo'

People are questioning your word usage of misogynist...I think you're spot on...because it applies to B I T C H E S like you.

You're a 'nurse' who abandons patients, you're an electrical engineer that can't read/understand an install manual, you claim to write code...but can't figure out how to even operate as DSP, you come on to forums only to be ostracized...

...You fail.

I figured the oh high and mighty one with an electrical engineer degree would help him in this situation. Guess not....and I call him a liar since I have yet to see ANY proof of this...
Reaction Formation!! YOU sir are the LIAR!! I have YET to see where I called anyone here an "amateur" as you claimed I have.

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.