I am SO alomst done with this Alpine PXA-H800 DSP POS!!

did you try pressing the source button on the controller?
I pressed every d a m n button on that POS, yes! I probably deleted the configuration I pressed so many butting on that thing trying to get my audio system to WORK!

John Kuthe...

I've always been curious how much the weight of a full system affects fuel consumption. Not that it matters much, but I was considering a smaller car and at the top of the list are the Focus or an Abarth 500. Anyone driven both? I think that just the box, sub and two amps will add ~ 110 pounds (pure guess since the only weight I know off hand is the subwoofer at 47.4 lbs w/out box). I guess what I'm getting at is, will a giant stereo make a quick little car work too hard? There was no perceptible difference in a Crown Vic, but it's a boat in comparison.
My 2010 focus had a ton of weight in it and I still averaged 30mpg highway. Big alt really dropped the mpgs when full tilt though.

Hehehe...this is the best thread yet to date.

Karma has finally arrived and kickin your azz. That's what you get for giving us **** mr know it all.

My 2010 focus had a ton of weight in it and I still averaged 30mpg highway. Big alt really dropped the mpgs when full tilt though.
Thats where having a full size truck helps lol three ALTs and a tone of added weight and I dont notice any difference but I only get half the mpgs you get anyways ha!

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Hehehe...this is the best thread yet to date.

Karma has finally arrived and kickin your azz. That's what you get for giving us **** mr know it all.
And he still dont get it lol

did you press source on the rux while your headunit is on?
I pressed every d a m n button on that POS, yes!

so in other words no, hes done nothing anyone in this thread or others has advised and wont until he goes to see tim whos just going to milk him for all he can.

but, our favorite forum goer has much more money than sense so he'll never realize these are things a child could manage to do and save himself time and money.

What a complete joke this is. Doesn't he realize by now that everything he does himself doesn't work?

What about his mystery "Craigslist installer guy" that supposily has all kinds of exp with award winning installs? I'm calling BS on that one.

I've always been curious how much the weight of a full system affects fuel consumption. Not that it matters much, but I was considering a smaller car and at the top of the list are the Focus or an Abarth 500. Anyone driven both? I think that just the box, sub and two amps will add ~ 110 pounds (pure guess since the only weight I know off hand is the subwoofer at 47.4 lbs w/out box). I guess what I'm getting at is, will a giant stereo make a quick little car work too hard? There was no perceptible difference in a Crown Vic, but it's a boat in comparison.
110 lb won't make much of a difference. Maybe slightly noticeable in the handling and acceleration. Maybe 1 mpg difference in fuel. My sprint started off at 1700lb. Very light. Over 40mpg around town with boost as high as I can safely run it. With over 300 lb of stereo I can really notice the difference in handling, a bit in acceleration and tiny bit in mileage. I went through a lot of effort to keep the weight evenly distributed around the car. It's not all above be the rear tires. Dual 140amp alts seems to have less of a load on the engine than a single 250 amp did. Not sure why. Kept all my batteries up front in engine bay. Amps are in front of wall and nothing behind wall except a bunch of bracing. Still handles descent but When I had a large box over the rear it was brutal.

keep in mind, humans are way heavier than a sound system. A car full of people is heavier than a walled off build. Batteries and subs would probably be your heaviest items. As long as you use a light wood instead of overweight mdf sh*t.

What a complete joke this is. Doesn't he realize by now that everything he does himself doesn't work?
What about his mystery "Craigslist installer guy" that supposily has all kinds of exp with award winning installs? I'm calling BS on that one.

It's probably something simple that any real installer would check first if a unit isn't turning on anymore. You know, a fuse.

That or he electrical taped his wires together and one of them came lose.

so in other words no, hes done nothing anyone in this thread or others has advised and wont until he goes to see tim whos just going to milk him for all he can.
but, our favorite forum goer has much more money than sense so he'll never realize these are things a child could manage to do and save himself time and money.
I'm actually going back to Tim at Custom Sounds because he's the guy that got my DSP properly configured (to a functional passive EQ extent) and working for me so Tim knows the configuration he put into my system better than anyone else me included because Tim did not teach me a whole lot about my system and how it was configured. Thus Tim will not have to learn how it's configured in order to get it working for me again, and THIS time I will insist that he teach ME how to do what he just did in order to make it work after probably the battery was disconnected for my auto's ignition coil problem. I need to know what to do for my system's DSP in the case that just occurred, and yes I'm sure it's a very simple software fix, I just need to know how to fix it myself, because evidently right now I do not yet know.

And I'll never get any help here to fix it because most of y'all are too busy expressing your misogyny thinking it may threaten my sense of my masculinity! Reaction formation I'm sure due to their lack of confidence in their OWN masculinity! Not hard to imagine in a community of almost exclusively male caraudio.com fanatics or as I call them the denziens of caraudio.com! Whom if you know you you are then there ya go!

John Kuthe...

And I'll never get any help here to fix it because most of y'all are too busy expressing your misogyny thinking it may threaten my sense of my masculinity! Reaction formation I'm sure due to their lack of confidence in their OWN masculinity! Not hard to imagine in a community of almost exclusively male caraudio.com fanatics or as I call them the denziens of caraudio.com! Whom if you know you you are then there ya go!

John Kuthe...

Are you guys just gonna let him talk about you like that? Lol

John Kuthe...

Are you guys just gonna let him talk about you like that? Lol
If the foo s h i ts as an old joke says! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.