I am SO alomst done with this Alpine PXA-H800 DSP POS!!

Those sound fun!!! Lol. I have always liked the focus. Car you still get in a two door? I'm going to need another two door hatchback that I can wall. My car will eventually need replacing. I like the new fiesta ecoboost too. Another three cyl turbo. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
No it's a 4 door hatchback. The Fiesta ST is smaller and less power but it's still 4 door also.

Those sound fun!!! Lol. I have always liked the focus. Car you still get in a two door? I'm going to need another two door hatchback that I can wall. My car will eventually need replacing. I like the new fiesta ecoboost too. Another three cyl turbo. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
They only come in 4 doors now.. I wish they had a 2 door. My 2010 was a 2 door.

Maybe you could buy Johns DSP ? Prob get a good deal except it does have software issues LOL !
lmao. Im going to have to pass on that one..

Nice!! I am probably going to keep it stock for awhile until I get bored or out of warranty. Wife and kids kind of keep me in check. The sound system on the other hand can not stay. I really liked the Recaro seats in the ST2/3 but I knew I would be ripping the stereo out so it would have been such a waste of money for me. Then I read about the stock amp and resistors and stuff needed and that put me far off from the ST2/3 completely. Hopefully after awhile I will start seeing those seats for sale or from wrecks and set myself up.
I love the Recaro seats while driving but at the ATM I hate them... Yea I made it 3 months with the stock sony 10 speaker setup.. It wasn't as bad as I expected but terrible compared to my last focus. The side bolsters are so tall I can't lean to swipe my card. Ive seen a few people parting out their ST2 and 3s lately on Facebook ST groups.

And he can re write the software too (he says? ) lol thats a deal closer right there lol!
I HAVE written software. In C, in Visual BASIC, regular BASIC, FORTRAN, Pascal, etc. My WashU Computer Engineering program prepared me top write in any language which was demanded of me. We had no WashU classes in any programming language but it was even written in the course description which computer language we'd be working in. And we had to learn the language from our textbooks too! I hope I still have my Kernighan and Ritchie book on C! Great book! Not very long either! And speaking oif brevity, did you know the entire LISP language can be written one one 8.5" x 11" sheet!

John Kuthe...

I HAVE written software. In C, in Visual BASIC, regular BASIC, FORTRAN, Pascal, etc. My WashU Computer Engineering program prepared me top write in any language which was demanded of me. We had no WashU classes in any programming language but it was even written in the course description which computer language we'd be working in. And we had to learn the language from our textbooks too! I hope I still have my Kernighan and Ritchie book on C! Great book! Not very long either! And speaking oif brevity, did you know the entire LISP language can be written one one 8.5" x 11" sheet!
John Kuthe...

Then your probably almost done fixing your DSP lol !

Then your probably almost done fixing your DSP lol !
I am not yet playing with the DSP software at all yet. I want it programmed to work first and saved in one of those saved things and maybe a backup too, then I will connect with my new WinXP laptop and fiddle!

I don't think turning it on should be this tough!

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...
Then let me reply in 'LISP'

Your inthtall fucking thuckths. You're too thrupid to take advithe that could tholve your audio related probleths.

Remove your head from your ath and learn thomthing.

The Focus ST and RS are turbo.
I've always been curious how much the weight of a full system affects fuel consumption. Not that it matters much, but I was considering a smaller car and at the top of the list are the Focus or an Abarth 500. Anyone driven both? I think that just the box, sub and two amps will add ~ 110 pounds (pure guess since the only weight I know off hand is the subwoofer at 47.4 lbs w/out box). I guess what I'm getting at is, will a giant stereo make a quick little car work too hard? There was no perceptible difference in a Crown Vic, but it's a boat in comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
John Kuthe...
So will you be the new software guy for Alpine then lol

Breathe John...I will get you the pin-out this evening when I get home and get a chance to open my wire harness...at the very least you can CONFIRM yours is correct or not...if it is correctly wired then you've lost nothing, in fact you will have reinforced your theory about a software issue...if it's not wired correctly then you now you have a starting point to work towards a solution...either way you come out ahead of where you are now.
Don't make this more complex than it it...always look for the simple solution first.
Solid dude right here. Willing to dig into his own install to help out an incompetent stranger. Kudos to you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.