Hybrid builds, had anybody done one?

Your stereo is the only reason? I'll never buy electric because they are boring! No car guy wants their vehicle called the p word: practical.
That and I only drive manual transmissions.

You can't argue they have torque. If it wasn't for the stereo, I would really enjoy getting a wrecked a tesla, and an older S10. Put those batteries along the back of the bed, really improve the weight distribution. Probably even put a inch body lift on it, to keep the full size bed. Even a 90s OBS full size Chevy longbed. Could put a small wattage system with no subs in that to have music. I wouldn't buy a new one, but an older pickup swap I could get behind.

You can't argue they have torque. If it wasn't for the stereo, I would really enjoy getting a wrecked a tesla, and an older S10. Put those batteries along the back of the bed, really improve the weight distribution. Probably even put a inch body lift on it, to keep the full size bed. Even a 90s OBS full size Chevy longbed. Could put a small wattage system with no subs in that to have music. I wouldn't buy a new one, but an older pickup swap I could get behind.
Putting an electric

How do you only drive manuals?

I'm not a new car person. Don't buy new phones, rarely buy clothes, and they are not always new. I had $50K for a pickup about 10 years ago. Couldn't find anything I really wanted. I looked for 6 months and spent $6K on a 10 year old pickup that had: one owner, low mileage, a manual, unmolested, and some nice options, and I doubt I'll ever get rid of it.
My garage is filled with most of the non-body and frame parts to build something nice, just need to figure out what. I'm not too far from some of the junk yards, and I go on base to get my haircuts, (because a nice short military cut is the only thing that works if you want to drive with the widows down all the time). They are close to the self-serve auto yards, and I stop in, and shop at the man mall in the GM section looking for some nice hand-me-downs.

I'm not a new car person. Don't buy new phones, rarely buy clothes, and they are not always new. I had $50K for a pickup about 10 years ago. Couldn't find anything I really wanted. I looked for 6 months and spent $6K on a 10 year old pickup that had: one owner, low mileage, a manual, unmolested, and some nice options, and I doubt I'll ever get rid of it.
My garage is filled with most of the non-body and frame parts to build something nice, just need to figure out what. I'm not too far from some of the junk yards, and I go on base to get my haircuts, (because a nice short military cut is the only thing that works if you want to drive with the widows down all the time). They are close to the self-serve auto yards, and I stop in, and shop at the man mall in the GM section looking for some nice hand-me-downs.
I hate to admit it, but I agree with you. I like my old vehicles. I plan to start tearing into my 1993 Taurus SHO engine this weekend (manual trans). If you ever venture into the Ford section, I have a bunch of parts I am looking for and can't find locally.

Longer hair feels great in the wind. Give it a shot!

I prefer tastefully-molested over unmolested. For example: I installed a saginaw power steering pump and an oem Ford aluminum rear differential cover for a later model on my 1993 F250. If I found the same pickup with those parts already installed, it would have saved me time and money.

I hate to admit it, but I agree with you. I like my old vehicles. I plan to start tearing into my 1993 Taurus SHO engine this weekend (manual trans). If you ever venture into the Ford section, I have a bunch of parts I am looking for and can't find locally.

I prefer tastefully-molested over unmolested. For example: I installed a saginaw power steering pump and an oem Ford aluminum rear differential cover for a later model on my 1993 F250. If I found the same pickup with those parts already installed, it would have saved me time and money.
I wouldn't even know what to look for.

I've had long hair before. You don't feel your hair. With short hair, my scalp feels great in the wind. With the windows down you have to ponytail it or you look like you haven't showered in two days when you get there.

If I could find something that I thought wasn't done poorly, then I'd be on it. Now that I've had mine for more than 10 years, I know exactly how I would mod it if I were to start again. What I would have saved money on, what I'm going to do right away, and what's going to effect what. I'm not a mechanic, and what I've learned, I've learned on this pickup. I know what theories, and repairs are pretty similar, but I REALLY only know how to work on my pickup. (This is also why I don't answer in serious sub threads. I know how to get my slims in there, but ports, and enclosure design, I'm still clueless on, and not worried about learning).

0FE356E4-6BA8-4301-9F2A-C5AA9F18547B.jpeg

The comments in this thread have definitely been entertaining. Just to provide some clarity, all electric and hybrid vehicles have normal 12-16V batteries, in addition to the high voltage batteries powering the electric motors. I've owned Tesla's since 2016 and have had a system in every one of my vehicles (S3X and current Y). I haven't noticed any significant decrease in range being impacted by the additional power requirements. Hope this clears things up a bit.

Final note, if you haven't had a chance to experience the instant torque electric vehicles provide, I'd encourage you to try it out first hand. My 4.5K lb vehicle takes off just as fast as most Z06's from the line (nearly 1K less weight).

Not sure but my brother in Lake Havasu City might actually have a pulled Taurus SHO motor lying around... He's in the middle of a 68 Chevelle SS restomod build currently.

Last edited:
Not sure but my brother in Lake Havasu City might actually have a pulled Taurus SHO motor lying around... He's in the middle of a 68 Chevelle SS restomod build currently.
I picked up a motor to stuff in it in case the current one is beyond saving. Does your brother have any body parts? I'm looking for header panel, passenger corner light, and white door handles and mirrors.
Brings me back. I did that swap in 2010ish with all the help from Ford-trucks.com. What a night and day difference.
I don't think there is an effective way to bleed a ford power steering pump. Ford should have put saginaw pumps in everything. I was lucky to find the correct power steering / ac bracket at the local yard.

I picked up a motor to stuff in it in case the current one is beyond saving. Does your brother have any body parts? I'm looking for header panel, passenger corner light, and white door handles and mirrors.

I don't think there is an effective way to bleed a ford power steering pump. Ford should have put saginaw pumps in everything. I was lucky to find the correct power steering / ac bracket at the local yard.
Never owned the car, acquired the motor with dreams of stuffing in his 4Runner! Needless to say, that didn't work out.

Never owned the car, acquired the motor with dreams of stuffing in his 4Runner! Needless to say, that didn't work out.
I don't like Toyota but sho engines are so cool they should be swapped into everything. The only person who doesn't like this inake is Indiana Jones.

Attachments

• 20230917_143352.jpg
    20230917_143352.jpg
    804.4 KB · Views: 15
I don't like Toyota but sho engines are so cool they should be swapped into everything. The only person who doesn't like this inake is Indiana Jones.
Actually, I was wrong, it was to go into his 1972 Currier!

The 4runner just wasn't workable and he ended up getting a high performance motor from LC Engineering for that ride.

He's still thinking about putting that SHO motor in the currier!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...