I am SO alomst done with this Alpine PXA-H800 DSP POS!!

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
Missouri
Had to take Baby II into the shop for some work, so I turned off my system via the HU, then after my shop fixed the mechanicals I turned on my system via the HU AND THE F U C K ING DSP did NOT turn back on! F U C K! :-( Pushed all the F U C K ING buttons on the RUX controller, got the DSP and amps turned back on but now THEY DO NOT WORK! IOW there is NO sound!!

This is B U L L S H I T!! Now I've gotta take it all back to Tim to get my audio system to play audio again!! And I;m gonna have him explicitly show me how to do it, AND I'm gonna write down every

d a m n thing he does to make it work, then verify before I leave Tim's company that I can reproduce turning this POS system back on again!!

Grr grr grr! :-(

John Kuthe...

It's a wiring issue...I believe you are feeding the wrong blue/white on the DSP.

One is an input and one is an output (on the DSP).

I will agree that having (2) blue/white wires on one harness can be confusing.

If you're wired to blue/white 'A' and it's not operating correctly, then try blue/white 'B'.

It's a wiring issue...I believe you are feeding the wrong blue/white on the DSP.
One is an input and one is an output (on the DSP).

I will agree that having (2) blue/white wires on one harness can be confusing.

If you're wired to blue/white 'A' and it's not operating correctly, then try blue/white 'B'.
It's not a wiring issue. We've been through this before. It's a deficient configuration problem and NO super expensive Alpine POS piece of equipment should be THIS hard to get it to work!

And yes, two blue/white wires is somewhat confusing, but I am well aware of the differences between an input and an output, and the INPUT to the DSP blue/white wire is to turn on the DSP from the HU and the other is to pass that "turn on" signal to the ampo(s) downstream of the DSP! And that all is wired correctly.

John Kuthe...

This is an easy one John...I can walk you through this and you can gain the knowledge first-hand. I have the same DSP, I will confirm the pin-out and I will tell you how mine is wired (it works correctly every time).

Didn't we all tell you a DSP isn't for a newb? We know how to use them because we have experience. But this does sound like a wiring issue
It's NOT a hardware wiring issue. I know the difference between the DSP's blue.white INPUT "turn on" signal and it's OUTPUT blue/white wire to turn on it's downstream amp(s).

It's a SOFTWARE issue! And I HATE trying to support, function with, etc. OTHER PEOPLE'S SOFTWARE!! One of the reason's I'm glad I'm out of IT as my money earning profession.

John Kuthe...

It's NOT a hardware wiring issue. I know the difference between the DSP's blue.white INPUT "turn on" signal and it's OUTPUT blue/white wire to turn on it's downstream amp(s).
It's a SOFTWARE issue! And I HATE trying to support, function with, etc. OTHER PEOPLE'S SOFTWARE!! One of the reason's I'm glad I'm out of IT as my money earning profession.

John Kuthe...
If it's a software issue then why does NOBODY else have this (or any other software issue) with their H800? None...not a single issue...yet you won't even double check wiring that you didn't do...as I recall 'Installer-guy' was pretty sure he had it right...but you were too obstinate to check and confirm this.

This is a simple thing...you either want help and a solution...or you don't. Your choice.

If it's a software issue then why does NOBODY else have this (or any other software issue) with their H800? None...not a single issue...yet you won't even double check wiring that you didn't do...as I recall 'Installer-guy' was pretty sure he had it right...but you were too obstinate to check and confirm this.
This is a simple thing...you either want help and a solution...or you don't. Your choice.
Because I get a lot of these "no one else has this issue" problems!

I went to page 10 in the Alpine PXA-H800 DSP's Operator's Manual where it discusses how to turn this DSP on, and almost immediately the manual tangents off into a black hole/brick wall talking about AINet junk which I DO NOT HAVE OR USE! But the manual does NOT help me get my DSP to turn on and function correctly!

John Kuthe...

Because I get a lot of these "no one else has this issue" problems!
I went to page 10 in the Alpine PXA-H800 DSP's Operator's Manual where it discusses how to turn this DSP on, and almost immediately the manual tangents off into a black hole/brick wall talking about AINet junk which I DO NOT HAVE OR USE! But the manual does NOT help me get my DSP to turn on and function correctly!

John Kuthe...
Breathe John...I will get you the pin-out this evening when I get home and get a chance to open my wire harness...at the very least you can CONFIRM yours is correct or not...if it is correctly wired then you've lost nothing, in fact you will have reinforced your theory about a software issue...if it's not wired correctly then you now you have a starting point to work towards a solution...either way you come out ahead of where you are now.

Don't make this more complex than it it...always look for the simple solution first.

Breathe John...I will get you the pin-out this evening when I get home and get a chance to open my wire harness...at the very least you can CONFIRM yours is correct or not...if it is correctly wired then you've lost nothing, in fact you will have reinforced your theory about a software issue...if it's not wired correctly then you now you have a starting point to work towards a solution...either way you come out ahead of where you are now.
Don't make this more complex than it it...always look for the simple solution first.
My hardware is wired correctly, it's a software problem.

And to demonstrate how this world F U C K S me whenever and wherever it can I called just called the Custom Sounds where Tim works and Tim is OFF on Sundays and Thursdays!! TODAY! THURSDAY!! When *I* need a few moments of Tim's time!! F U C K S me once again!! So I will drive around in well sound deadened silence until next Tues or Wed!! :-(

John Kuthe...

And to demonstrate how this world F U C K S me whenever and wherever it can I called just called the Custom Sounds where Tim works and Tim is OFF on Sundays and Thursdays!! TODAY! THURSDAY!! When *I* need a few moments of Tim's time!! F U C K S me once again!! So I will drive around in well sound deadened silence until next Tues or Wed!! :-(

John Kuthe...
Just take a step back there's plenty of ppl who can walk you through this an it might be better if you let these guys help you so you get the knowledge an experience of doing it yourself so you don't have to rely on others.

Orrrrrr don't take the help an sit there an whine about it.

John Kuthe...
So exactly what do you expect 'Tim' a car stereo installer to do about your supposed 'software' problem....is he going to re-write the software for you? There is no setting in the software to disable the turn-on by remote...so what?

He could hard-reset the DSP...then you're back to square one with all the functions (you know, all the other settings you don't understand). I suspect he'll give you the same advice you're getting now...

...CONFIRM THE REMOTE WIRE FOR PROPER CONNECTION

If you want to ignore this then go right ahead and keep failing and ruining your equipment.

But don't say nobody tried to help or that you 'couldn't' get the correct advice here.

Just take a step back there's plenty of ppl who can walk you through this an it might be better if you let these guys help you so you get the knowledge an experience of doing it yourself so you don't have to rely on others.
Orrrrrr don't take the help an sit there an whine about it.
Is this your first Kuthe experience because you should know all of this by now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.