hybrid clarus problem

bread0710
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
i have a set of the hybrid clarus c61-2s. i let them break in for a few days and decided to tune them today. everything sounded great until my left tweeter cut out. the mid and the right tweeter and mid are fine though.i have my gain set less than half. i noticed the crossover gets really warm. i recheked the wiring and made sure that was ok. it only cuts out on sogns that have alot of highs. anyone have any idea? i have a kenwood kdc-X994 as a headunit also.

edit: checked the tweeters with my dmm and they both read the same.im thinking it could be the crossover thats bad. ill try and switch the crossovers to see but if anyone could help id appreciate it. thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What amp are you using? "Gains set less than half" still means you can be clipping the signal and sending dirty power to the speakers. It all depends on how you have stuff set on your HU, how high you turn the HU up, and when your HU starts clipping.

What amp are you using? "Gains set less than half" still means you can be clipping the signal and sending dirty power to the speakers. It all depends on how you have stuff set on your HU, how high you turn the HU up, and when your HU starts clipping.
cactus sounds pf 500.2. volume is 25/35 and everything is flat. i asked kenwood at what volume it starts to clip since i dont have an oscope. they say it was designed not to clip even at full.but i dontk now if i should try tuning it up to 35/35 and keeping my gains really low. ive never had this priblem before. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Contact Scott Buwalda or Dave Edwards. I'm sure those guys wouldn't mind helping you out.
i want too but i dont think scott is there on saturdays im going to wait to monday and call. i was just seeing if anyone else had any ideas.

I believe that H/U has a "Supreme+" feature. Try having it off.
i have it off. i cant figure it out. in my other car i have a pair of boston pro60SEs with a sax125.2 and have no problems. maybe ill try switching amps and see if it helps.

it's most likely the tweeter protection. it means you're either clipping the amp or the tweeter protection needs to be replaced (i.e. you get a new crossover and HAT will just replace the part).

i want too but i dont think scott is there on saturdays im going to wait to monday and call. i was just seeing if anyone else had any ideas.
You can usually get a hold of Scott every day but Sunday.

Do both crossovers get warm, or just the one with the problematic tweeter? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You can usually get a hold of Scott every day but Sunday.

Do both crossovers get warm, or just the one with the problematic tweeter? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

its just the one that gets warm. so this weekend i stripped and re-ran wires, checked to make sure no wires were cut inside the door, and switched the crossover from the passanger side to the drivers side to see if it was the tweeter that went bad. this time the drivers side went out and the passanger side didnt. so i called scott and told him what happened and what i did thsi weekend and he said also it sounds like the crossover. he was very very nice and he said send it in and he will send me a new one as soon as possible. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Werd , I thought it might be a crossover issue as well. Scott is good people, he will take care of you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.