HU problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

kustyn727
10+ year member

UR IDOL
NY
Alright to start off I have a alpine 9851. It's two years old but i've always had this problem but never dealt with it. If anyone owns one you know the sound level can go to like 30+ but I only turn mine up to 22. When i turn it beyond this point everything like cuts out, and i dont mean like turns off. I don;t know how to really word it but like after 22 my subs lose power and my highs drop down. I know its not my highs,amp, or subs it's somthing with the HU. I dont know if it shorts out when i turn it up higher or what so if anyone has some ideas

Alright to start off I have a alpine 9851. It's two years old but i've always had this problem but never dealt with it. If anyone owns one you know the sound level can go to like 30+ but I only turn mine up to 22. When i turn it beyond this point everything like cuts out, and i dont mean like turns off. I don;t know how to really word it but like after 22 my subs lose power and my highs drop down. I know its not my highs,amp, or subs it's somthing with the HU. I dont know if it shorts out when i turn it up higher or what so if anyone has some ideas

do you mean by skip, its like playing the song then sounds like it just skipped but you didnt hit a pot hole or something?

no it doesnt skip and its not the speakers, ive had 2 dif sets of speakers in my car and it still does it. It like my subs and highs lose power once i turn it that high. It doesnt skip or go out, it like gets a shitty distortion sound to it and theres no clarity in the sound.

i hope its not the HU cause its always been like this since i bought it, I love alpine decks but they are too pricy and overrated for what you actually get. Ill make a quick vid of what it does and post it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.