HU install help/ No sound.

Participant count
  • Participant list

copperhead069
10+ year member

WV
I need some advice on an installation project im working on. Im installing a new HU for my roommate for Christmas, and cant get any sound. Its a brand new kenwood head unit going into a 02 Dakota. I have power to the headunit but no sound, there is sound coming out of the stereo that i checked w/ a spare speaker but when i wire it to the harness there's no sound, so i tried bypassing the harness and hard wiring it with no luck. I know the speakers in the truck work so thats not the problem. Now im just angry and out of ideas is there anything you guys can think of that i might have missed?? Any help is appreciated.

There probably is an internal amp that you have to by pass somewhere. I am looking up that vehicle now is it a dual cab or what and what radio did it have as far as the stock one. Did it have a cd player or what.

Not rely that simple by doing that you are amplifying the signal TWICE which means you can harm either them head unit or the amp or both. He needs to by pass the factory amp if there is one.

no thats not the case its just a regular stock system.

where does everyone go to look factory wire colors?

if either of you have aim im me xxcopperhead069x

fyi on the infinitys systems in the dodges u do not need to bypass the factory amp its like the monsoon amps in the fbody it takes speaker level inputs

u have a short somewhere in ur wiring causing the internal amp to go into proect or u have a bad headunit

unhook all the speaker wires from it and hook a known good speaker to one of the outputs and see if it works

was the old unit the oem radio or an aftermarket one? i tired to IM u also

did u try hooking up the remote wire like mentioned, alot of dodges have factory amps its not gonna hurt to connect it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.