All Around Help

JamesBaker

IL
Hello all I am new to this forum and I am looking for some help. First of all I would like to say HI to every one reading this. Second I would like to say I am sorry if any of you have answered any of this before!

I have a 2000 chevy silverado ext. cab and I am installing the largest system I have ever owned. What I have is going to be listed under here. My truck has a stock 105 Alt. and a Gold Duralast Bat. some where around 700 cold crank and 875 crank amps.

Head Unit:

Alpine CDA-9884

Sub Set Up: Not installed yet!

2- Alpine Type r 10's

2- Alpine M500 Amps

1- RF Dual 4-Gauge Amp Kit

Speakers Front: Not Installed yet

1 set- Type R 6 1/2" Comp (one more set coming later say a month or so)

1- Alpine M600

1- RF 4-Gauge Amp Kit

Speakers Rear: Installed and running of Radio

2-Infinity Reference 6422cfp 4x6

Is there any large changes I need to do before I install my system? Any Sugestions for this I need to do?

Thanks

Baker

Just a plain jain box nothing real cool, some where around .60cu. for each. I mainly just need to know about any mods or upgrades I need to install my system.

Thanks

Baker

Just a plain jain box nothing real cool, some where around .60cu. for each. I mainly just need to know about any mods or upgrades I need to install my system.
Thanks

Baker

What kindof music do you listen too. Might add to your box design. Look at what the specs say on the subs build to them or close to.

Another thing do you really need both mono amps. Not going for any high spl numbers are ya. And added thing to, Use one then you dont have to worry about gain matching.

Yes do the big three. Your alt will do just fine. Mabye look into a different battery. Just a bit of an upgrade.

Thank folks for the info. For the 10" R the box specs should be 0.5-0.8 sealed. My box is right around .6cu. with the sub in the box. I can't fit much more because I am mounting the M-600 in between the boxes on the shaft tunnel. I am using one face plate to go clear across the boxes under the seat. I am building my box tomorrow so If I can gain a little more valum I will. I can not go ported because I dont have the room.

Whats the word on Polly fill? Does it really trick the sub in to thinking it's in a larger box? I have never used it. Also I guess it is safe to be packed around the sub wires and all?

Also I am not sure what the Big 3 is. Any help would be cool, I will look here in the wiring for that.

Also can some one point me to a Search box for these forums?

Thanks

Baker

search.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.