HU Install for a '99 Malibu

Participant count
  • Participant list

whitedragon551
5,000+ posts

IL
Alright a chick I work with has a tape deck. She wanted a CD deck for less than $100 shipped. I picked up an Eclipse 3414G BNIB with all install excessories including the harness, antenna adapter, and the dash bezel piece.

Ive never ripped the dash apart on this car, just wondering if I take the whole dash piece off like with a Grand Prix or what it involves?

I have a 1999 Malibu, and the dash part that holds the stereo, and then the air and heating controls comes off. If you want, i can post a pic?

That would be great. I dont want to **** up her car. She just turned 18 and its her first car. If you could also let me know if there are screws and such I need to remove and where. That would be awesome. I just wired up the harness to the deck harness today. I hope its just a plug and play type deal and mount the cage and bezel and be done in 20 or so.

If you are feeling ambitious can you snag a pic of the harness from the car too? Also what size are the back speakers? One of her friends blew hers. Im getting mixed results on Crutchfield. Im getting everything from 5.25" to 6x9s as fitment options.

What is the depth measurement on the Pioneer?

Ill go do it right now. I cant snap the harness, as my system got stolen before, and they did a number to the dash/electrical. Give me about 10 min, and ill be back with a few shots

there may be like this plastic stopper peice behind the original radio. In my buddy's cavalier I just cut that up and ripped it out and the radio slid all the way in. If you have problems with it make sure she's not around when your doing that lol

The bezel piece came with a half in spacer. If the deck doesnt slide all the way in I can toss the spacer in without removing parts.

Ok, pic 1 is the dash as a whole. The piece that covers HU, heat/air and extends to igition, that piece comes off

pic 2 is with that dash piece off

pic 3 is where there is a screw to mount the HU bracket

pic 4 is where there is supposed to be a bracket mount, but as you can see, when my system got stolen, they busted that whole side of the dash

rear speakers are 6'9, door are 5'7

well, i cant add the pics right now for some reason..once I get to "upload files" it just freeze on me

kr1515

kr1515

kr1515

kr1515

i tried to use photobucket for first time, but they didnt come up on my screen. i dont know if you guys can see em. Ill just email them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

whitedragon551

5,000+ posts
whitedragon551
IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from