amp wont power on

xolk88
10+ year member

So I put my system into my new car and the amp doesn't power on now. It works because I just had it on and running before i took it out. Its a hifonics amp and all it does when i start my car is the words on top light up but the green power light doesn't light up??

just do a simple check... test for 12v at the power terminal and remote terminal using the ground terminal if you have 12v on both something is wrong... also check your fuses

Well if at least the logo is lighting up then its definitely getting power, its just a matter of getting it to read and turn green light on. I would say it might be that the ground disconnected because that happened when my friend and I installed his system but like I said since your logo is lighting up it sounds like its getting power

i just retested it and the power terminal basically got 0 voltages and the ground terminal doesn't even move the needle.
this would be a problem put your positive test leave on the power terminal and the neg test lead on a known good ground and see what it reads if it is 12v then move the neg lead to the ground terminal on the amp if it doesnt have 12v with the known good ground check your inline fuse and connections at the battery. if voltage goes down when u go to the amp ground terminal your ground is bad

it was because my wires needed to be 4 gauge so problem solved thanks for the help guys
that doesnt make much sense you can turn an amp on with speaker wire as long as its not under a load... if you can 4 gauge to it and it work there was prolly something wrong with the wiring before but it needed 4 gauge in the first place so good job

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.