HU for a 2000 Sonoma(1.5 DIN)

Participant count
  • Participant list

SonomaDube

I'm looking for a new HU for my truck which needs a Chrysler/GM deck for a perfect fit, but a 1 DIN deck(as I've heard) can look ok too. The two options that I'm considering are both Alpine, as I am going to upgrade my speakers and add an amp, and eventually add a sub. These two options are the CDA7873 and CDAD857. Since I work at an electronics store and both of these are available to me at about the same price(around $250), which should I go with? I know that the CDA7873 is a *GREAT* sounding unit but I would have to use a special harness and such to put it in. Would I be sacrificing quality if I went with the CDAD857? Any replies would be helpful! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i dunno which is which size, but i would say that either way you go it would be the same quality, i prefer just getting a din sized HU becuase if u get a new vehicle the chance that it won't fit is a lot slimmer, than with a din-and-a-half, which only fit in din and a half openings...oh, and as for looks, if u get a deck fit-kit for your truck it looks just as good..i think anyways...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.