How would you guys wire this?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jarnld
10+ year member

Atlanta
I have the following that Im putting in my car. Here is what I was thinking. Tell me what you would do.

MTX 4 channel 65X4@2ohms

Rockford Fosgate 400s

JBL 6.5

Jbl 5 1/4

Sony tweeters

I was going to run the front JBL 5 1/4 speakers out channel one on the MTX in parallel to bring them down to 2ohms. Set the front crossover for those.

I was going to run the 6.5 out channel 3 (rear) in parallel (2 ohms) and set the crossover for those.

Then I was going to wire the RF amp from the MTX using the 'sum out' RCAs and run 2 12" Kenwood subs. These are going to be wired in parallel and bridged.

How would you all reccomend hooking up the tweeters (built in crossover at 5K)?

Also, Im using 4 guage wire from the baterry and running that into a fused dist block and then out to the amps using 8 ga wire. Same with the ground wire. The amp remotes are being individually hooked up to the amp relay wire from the HU (Sony xav-7w). The HU also has a HPF LPF and 3 RCA outs (front rear and sub).

Any suggestions or improvements? Tweeters?

Hey now... there is already a thread where people ar ragging on me for the sonys....I like how they sound. So aside from that....?

so basically.. your not going to have any stereo image up front or in back at all? that sounds retarded. Screw 2ohms. wire them normally and get a stereo image up front. I guaruntee it'll sound like total ass if you keep it mono..

****...im retarted...i didnt think about that. Crap. Like I said before...Im great at box designs and fabrication stuff...but when it come to the electrical/speaker installation side of things I just dont know a whole lot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.