How will this sound?

Chris101
10+ year member

MD
I have two JL AUDIO 10" W3's that will be hooked up to a JBL 600.1. I would like to know what the difference is if i have it connected in 4ohms or 1ohm. What will be different in their sound. Also, wired in 4ohm the subs will get a 300x1 and wired to 1ohm they will get 600x1, What does that mean?Thanks

-Chris

are they dual voice coils or single?

I would like to know what the difference is if i have it connected in 4ohms or 1ohm. What will be different in their sound
the less impendence (ohms) you have, the more power you can drive your subs with.

so if you hooked up subs and they were recieving 1 ohm resistance, it would be lot more powerful (more Watts) than running @ 4 ohm. but make sure the amp is 1 ohm stable if you are planning on running it this low, or prepare for a horrid ending //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Dual 4ohm voice coils will give you 2ohms per sub wired in parallel and 1ohm with both subs wired in parallel. The JBL, though, is rated at 600W @ 2ohms. I'm not 100% sure it's stable at 1ohm, and even then you'd be overpowering the subs as they are rated at 250W continuous.

With your subs you can get Ohm ratings of either 1, 4, 8, or 16. You'll want to find an amp that can put out 500W RMS at one of those ratings. With that, you should be set.

Hope it helps!

Your JBL is stable to eiher 1 or 2 ohms. You should be fine running those subs at 1 ohm with no problem, just watch the gains and bass boost a little. Yes you will be putting a little more than their rated rms into them, but like I said, just watch the gains and bass boost and you will be ok.

dont owrry about your seetings, the 600x1 (and all of the JBL powervalve amps) are stable down to 1 ohm....

and... they will put out as much power as they do at 2 ohms, so it is rated for 600 W RMS @ 1 ohm...

and those W3's can take a beating..

JL's are known for that...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.