.: HOW TO WIRE SYSTEM IN 12 Kia Optima (Infinity) :.

Participant count
  • Participant list

R3ZN8T3D

CarAudio.com Newbie
WPB, Fl
Hello!

I have recently purchased a Kicker enclosure with 2 12” Solobaric L7 (750RMS EACH) 2-ohm DVC

Purchased a Kicker CX1800.1 Amp to power them. 3600 peak/1800RMS @ 2-ohm

I am installing this into a 2012 Kia Optima with Infinity sound system (w/o navigation)

I am keeping stock head unit so I purchased an LC2i 2-Channel unit too.

My question is what wiring kit (or parts) would you recommend I use?

I keep reading that I need a 0-gauge kit for everything to work properly. That being said the enclosure has ONE single 2-ohm input and the subs already come wired inside the enclosure.

All I seem to have found (kit wise) includes extra things that I don’t think I need. That’s why I am here!

Wouldn’t I just need the wire from battery to amp, a ground, and the amp to speaker enclosure?

That’s excluding the LC2i wiring course.

I am basically a total n00b when it comes to this stuff but wanted to research as much as possible before installing and wrecking the system.

I apologize in advance if I am not using the proper terminology/language and I can post pics/links of all the equipment if allowed or needed.

Any and all recommendations and advice are greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU in advance!!!

Welcome.

Most amp install kits will include the fuse at the battery (holder and fuse), the remote turn-on wire (blue), a grommet for when the power wire to passes thru the firewall, zip ties, and may also include speaker wire.

The LC2i will generate a turn-on signal and the blue remote turn-on wire will connect between the LC2i and the amp (review the install diagrams).

You can also review the install diagram in the amp manual for more information.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...