How do I add 2 speakers and a sub to the 4 speakers already installed?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Immonster

CarAudio.com Newbie
WA
I added a sound bar to my Jeep today. So now I have 4 speakers running. It sounds ok but it lacks bass. I purchased a 4 channel amp and a sub to add to my system. I then remembered I had a pair of Jensen speakers that fit at the base of the roll bar. The head unit puts out 55 watts x4 for the speakers I already have installed. I was hoping to power the Jensen speakers and sub with the amp, but after purchasing the sub I realized it's powered. So how do I add the Jensen speakers to the rear set on the sound bar? Do I hook the rear in series or parallel to the Jensens? The amp has similar power that the head unit has, 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms. All six speakers are 4 ohms. The sub has 50 watts max power. Or do I skip the head unit all together and run all the speakers through the amp? The advantage there it seems to me is I'd be able to upgrade the speaker wire if I used the amp for all speakers. Right now it's all running on the thin stuff. I have no idea if it's the same as home stereo as it is in cars, but I try to run as heavy a wire as I can. I have had people tell me I'm wasting my money on speaker wire and that I can't hear a difference, but I feel like it makes a difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...