How to wire Panasonic CQ707WEUC TV to work while car is MOVING!!HELP!!!PLEASE!!!!

fishnpro

Miami
PLEASE tell me how to wire my new Panasonic CQ-VA707WEUC for the TV to work with out putting vehicle in Park? There is a Blue/Yellow wire supposed to go to the hand brake or the footbrake. Do I just ground this wire or what? I SO NEED some help from the pros on this. Please help a NEWBIE!!!!!! Please return answer to email directly.

fishnpro@bellsouth.net

Originally posted by fishnpro PLEASE tell me how to wire my new Panasonic CQ-VA707WEUC for the TV to work with out putting vehicle in Park? There is a Blue/Yellow wire supposed to go to the hand brake or the footbrake. Do I just ground this wire or what? I SO NEED some help from the pros on this. Please help a NEWBIE!!!!!! Please return answer to email directly.

fishnpro@bellsouth.net
The point of this board is to use the board....

I would just ground the wire. I don't really see how connecting the wire to the brake will let the unit run when you're in park. If you hooked it to the brake it would only work if you have the brake pedal depressed. Doesn't make sense, reread the instructions carefully.

When they say brake they mean parking brake. Its there for manufacturer liability. They dont want you to be driving the car and watch the video screen at the same time. So they have a wire that your supposed to hook to the parking brake switch. Of course everyone just bypasses that and grounds the wire. But the manufacturer covered their ass at least...

yeah it makes sense, but its pointless. they should actually make the 'safety' wire something other than another ground if they are really concerned about it...

Originally posted by Brock yeah it makes sense, but its pointless. they should actually make the 'safety' wire something other than another ground if they are really concerned about it...
Not that I want to continue one of this guy's threads, but the point here is that the manufacturers really don't care. They are just covering their ass and selling product. If they cared at all, they wouldn't be making in-dash screens in the first place. Those are worse than cell phones.... but I still want one.

i got the clarion vrx925vd... they do something of the same thing, with just one green wire. i just wired up a switch and mounted it so i can toggle the video feed on or off.

The parking brake is really just a ground wire with a switch. Just ground the wire that is suppose to go to the parking brake.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.