How to wire balancer to headway 4s

Participant count
  • Participant list

sounds_explicit

Senior VIP Member
The bms came with no manual or instructions . I used the camera to grab the code from back of the balancer and it brought up this manual thing. But it says there are 2 switches (modes) really didn't help me out at all. As I like direct info and not jumbled crap that doesn't concretely determine the function of the switch. I'm assuming that switched to A means that it will always balance even when the bank is fully balances ? And m switch mode refers to turning the balancer off once the bank is fully balanced? If anyone can give me any insight on it I'd appreciate it.
16679964360374234972927354091895.jpg
16679964877688408551552173722923.jpg

Last edited:
Well off grid compares the heltec 10amp to their regular 4 amp balancer, stating it actually performs identically. The 10amp is better built and beefier with more capacitors. What is the amperage of 96ah headway cells, 10C? So about 1000 amps, and you dont want to run a BMS. I would treat headways in the same manner as using yinlongs-unmonitored, but with an active balancer in place of a BMS as to not restrict current flow for max C charge and discharge rates. The only "better" active balancer to my knowledge is the NEEY, which can monitor up to 24 cells individually and has independent variables that can be changed via software bluetooth for balancing charges. I have 12x35ah yinlongs and this is the balancer i use, (just received it in the mail actually). 96ah headway is way too much for a 4s balancer to handle. 48 Cells and you dont want to treat 12 cells a bank as a single cell, the 4s balancer end up being pointless. Grab an internal resistance tester yr1035 and a dc power supply. You need run a bench test setup first before you finalize and wirteup testing results. Run another thread or continue with a benchmark test.

The Neey is being sold as heltec as well now Heltec 24s 4A Bluetooth Balancer | SRIKO Batteries | Online store for electronics | Online battery store

Here the active balancer review 4th Generation NEEY Smart Active Battery Balancer. Fully programmable and most effective! - YouTube

Here is where I got mine Neey 4a Smart Active Balancer 3s 4s 5s 6s 7s 8s 14s 16s 20s 21s 22s 24s Lifepo4 / Lipo/ Lto Battery Energy Equalization - Battery Accessories & Charger Accessories - AliExpress

Last edited:
I got a little carried away. how many cells come with a 96ah package? I was thinking 8ah cells. 4 cells per bank in series, so 4s. so thats still 8ah @ ~14volts. then you need 96ah? so 12 banks of 4 cells? 4s12p? If you were to run 15+voltage off your alternator, no doubt go with the 40ah yinlongs instead if youre purchasing from srikobatteries

Last edited:
Well off grid compares the heltec 10amp to their regular 4 amp balancer, stating it actually performs identically. The 10amp is better built and beefier with more capacitors. What is the amperage of 96ah headway cells, 10C? So about 1000 amps, and you dont want to run a BMS. I would treat headways in the same manner as using yinlongs-unmonitored, but with an active balancer in place of a BMS as to not restrict current flow for max C charge and discharge rates. The only "better" active balancer to my knowledge is the NEEY, which can monitor up to 24 cells individually and has independent variables that can be changed via software bluetooth for balancing charges. I have 12x35ah yinlongs and this is the balancer i use, (just received it in the mail actually). 96ah headway is way too much for a 4s balancer to handle. 48 Cells and you dont want to treat 12 cells a bank as a single cell, the 4s balancer end up being pointless. Grab an internal resistance tester yr1035 and a dc power supply. You need run a bench test setup first before you finalize and wirteup testing results. Run another thread or continue with a benchmark test.

The Neey is being sold as heltec as well now Heltec 24s 4A Bluetooth Balancer | SRIKO Batteries | Online store for electronics | Online battery store

Here the active balancer review 4th Generation NEEY Smart Active Battery Balancer. Fully programmable and most effective! - YouTube

Here is where I got mine Neey 4a Smart Active Balancer 3s 4s 5s 6s 7s 8s 14s 16s 20s 21s 22s 24s Lifepo4 / Lipo/ Lto Battery Energy Equalization - Battery Accessories & Charger Accessories - AliExpress
Hi, thanks for the info, I was wondering, could you tell me what would be a good dc power supply to go along with the NEEY?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...