Pioneer AVH-221EX with XM?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lister

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello I have a Pioneer AVH-221EX and some places say it can be used with a Sirius XM tuner but I dont see the 5? pin connector on the back which would allow it to do so.
Are they wrong?
I dont see how it would work yet they mostly say it will.

FAQ
Does the Pioneer AVH 211EX include Sirius XM radio?
Right out of the box the Pioneer AVH 211EX does not include a satellite radio tuner and your purchase of the Pioneer AVH 211EX will not include a Sirius XM subscription. A tuner accessory can be purchased and wired into the included harness of this system and with a subscription you can start listening to satellite radio immediately.

Attachments

• avh-221ex_2__52140.jpg
    avh-221ex_2__52140.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 23
  • sirius1.png
    sirius1.png
    20 KB · Views: 24
A quick look at pioneer’s website shows no mention of that stereo being XM ready. Most if not all Pioneer head units that are XM ready have the XM logo printed on the faceplate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...