How to wire a double batt, double power cap, double amp setup correctly?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ThaRichiie

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hii,

I want to wire a new setup for my honda but im not sure how to wire it all together in a correct fashion.

I want to wire:

2 batteries, 1 in front of 60 amps and 1 in the back at 90 amps. Possible adding 1 60 more.

2 audison connection power capacitors of 1 fahrrad each.

1 b2 audio mono v4 (150 amps)
1 gladen rc150c5 (about 80-110 amps i guess)

I have made 2 configurations myself, but i have no clue wich is better or if there is even any difference in setups and performance.

What is your opinion in how to wire this setup? And what cable wiring gauge should i use for the setup? Should i double ground both capacitors? And should i attacht 2 amps on 1 capacitor or 2 amps on 2 capacitors? And do i than use 1 or 2 lead cables from my 12v power supply to my capacitors?

Please let me know ur comments on this,

Thnx

Why the capacitors? If you plan to run 2 batteries, Do you need them? I'm running 3 amps, without a capacitator, and I haven't experienced any problems.

If you must have them, I would wire 1 capacitor for each amplifier. I would ground each independently and run the power wire to the amp.

I did try a capacitor, several years ago, and didn't see a benefit. I also learned that they can be dangerous; it can charge and discharge so much power so very quickly that it can weld metal objects, like tools and jewelry, and melt its own insides out. I did like the way it looked. So I gutted it, mounted it near the amps, and used it to test the voltage coming into the trunk.
Good Luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.