How to stop sub moving around in the trunk

MellowHype
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Does anyone have any suggestions on how i can keep my box in one place in my trunk? whenever i go round corners it slams into the side.

I was thinking about getting strong velcro, but the box is pretty heavy and i dont think it will keep it down.

Velcro works. That's what I did, and a lot of people do. I put the rough side on the bottom of the box, and it sticks to the carpet in my trunk like a dream. I drive hard and corner hard, and I've been amazed how it hasn't even budged yet. Just got the industrial strength velcro, 2 strips of it, works no problem. You can also screw some L brackets at the corners and into the floor. Velcro was the least invasive and noticeable thing for me though.

Velcro won't hold up if you ever get in an accident. Hidden L brackets or one large bolt on the inside of the enclosure going through the floor.

Cheers for all your replys!

Im gonna go with the velcro for now and see how it goes. Just need to find some very strong velcro..

Mdf floor with wood pieces screwed down on each side to hold it in place.
^^^^this^^^ build a false floor outlined of your trunk with either 3/4 plywood,or mdf/or?and screw it down to the surface,and use 2in l brackets to screw down to that, and you will never have an issue, and the box will be secured from quick grabb,n take also,i like to use square head screws also..not as common as slotted,or phillips..know what i mean?????????

if you use velcro,home depot has the extreme velcro..grey, but by time you put it down right, it be better do the plywood to secure it for good....99cent black paint works great too:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.