How to run power wire when sealing trunk.

Participant count
  • Participant list

MONSONwarrior
Premium Member

Constantly Rebuilding...
How did you guys run your power wire when you seal off the trunk from the cabin? Only way I can think of is setting the box on top of the wire, but I don't really like this idea. We're sealing two SA-15's off in the trunk of a Passat and it's a tight fit so I'm tying to get this all figured out before hand.

run it by the side of the box...when you make the trim panels to seal it off cut a spot for the wires. Than seal around it with expanding foam of whatever else you were going to use

Or run them under the car and up through a hole in the trunk

I put the wires under the box and filled the gap with expanding foam (2 runs of positive and negative under the box). On the sides and top I used silicon. It works perfect actually and I love how my sealed trunk sounds. Go ported through the rear deck too!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.