How to properly set a 4channel amp

Ugh...those things sure don't have much in the way of reference points on the freq settings...I am guessing you have the buttons set right and are using it Hp/LP?

pc6404.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have the capability to use the high pass crossovers on your stereo deck or DSP, then use that and turn off the crossover functions on the amplifier. If you want to use the amplifier crossover, then manual should explain how. It seems like there is no really a way to turn off the crossovers on this amplifier if you need to. The manual suggests setting high pass at 15Hz if you need "full range" mode operation.

at least the PPI amp has a 10x switch on ch1&2 and bandpass on ch3&4 so it's active capable. that's a very nice feature. you could run the comp sets active, but you'd lose any ability to fade to front. if you're the type of person who always has fader in the center, active is something to consider. tweeters on channels 1&2 and woofers on channels 3&4.

to use the amp normally - front on ch1&2 and rear on ch3&4 you can adjust the HPF on the PPI amp by ear to remove just enough bass to protect them, but keep enough so you get midbass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.