How to make a bose system better?

Moofs
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I may be driving an 01 nissan maxima with a bose system in the near future. I currently have a Skar audio mono amp, a sundown sa-12 and enough wiring for the sub setup. I hear is the bose system is full of like little amps for each door speaker so replacing them isnt fun. I dont have the money to replace the HU, and buy a 4 channel + door speakers. I do want this car to sound decent though, since it'll be my daily driver. What can I do to improve this car? Are there any factory upgrade speakers I can use or something I can do to improve the factory sound?

Right now all I can think of is:

Get a LOC to hook up the sub

Throw in the sub/amp

Deaden the front doors

What kind of ideas do u have?

deaden, keep bass off the speakers, your sub will make up for it. most factory bose systems sound alright. keep the factory amps, but replace the door speakers, just make sure their efficient.

can I do that? I thought if I replace the speakers everything will go nuts.

so you're saying make sure the sensitivity on the speakers is high, right?

Anyone know how many watts rms these bose amps make? I'd guess like 20ish.

****. so looks like I should stick w/ the factory speakers.

I'm in the suburbs by like vernon hills / buffalo grove mostly

The paseo I sold a few months back. I was gonna throw everything into what ever beater I get next but looks like I might end up with this car.

Also, I dont think it has the bose sub. just door speakers. It doesnt have anything in the rear deck or under the deck lid (speaker wise) I'll need to check again for the amp.

****. so looks like I should stick w/ the factory speakers.
I'm in the suburbs by like vernon hills / buffalo grove mostly

The paseo I sold a few months back. I was gonna throw everything into what ever beater I get next but looks like I might end up with this car.

Also, I dont think it has the bose sub. just door speakers. It doesnt have anything in the rear deck or under the deck lid (speaker wise) I'll need to check again for the amp.
Really my friends does? Pretty much if you dont want Bose the whole thing has got to be redone...

You can still work on soundproofing the vehicle more. That is an option if you want to keep the original setup. It will improve the sound a bit so you do not drive the system into distortion to get it at desirable levels.

Really my friends does? Pretty much if you dont want Bose the whole thing has got to be redone...
I mean I believe you. I'm just saying I've got nothing sub wise since I check a few times b4. I know what you mean though since my friend has the bose sub in his altima. It just hangs back there under the rear deck lid.

I'm guessing this bose system just has door speakers though.

You can still work on soundproofing the vehicle more. That is an option if you want to keep the original setup. It will improve the sound a bit so you do not drive the system into distortion to get it at desirable levels.
yeah, Im guessing all I can do is deaden the door and add the sub. Then maybe in the future get a 4 channel and replace the speakers.

Wow lot of MISINFO in this thread.

You can simply replace the HU with one that has at least 4v pre-outs and get much better sound, disconnect and remove the IB OEM sub. You cannot simply replace the speakers and use the oem amps, it will notwork properly. Just do the HU, something with a good xover so you can crossover the interior speakers correctly and send signal to the sub, and you'll be fine.

yes there is...

rip it (the bose system) out put it in storage . trust me i have been down this road before more recently on my pathfinder . much easier to bypass it and go on with your life.

yes there is...
rip it (the bose system) out put it in storage . trust me i have been down this road before more recently on my pathfinder . much easier to bypass it and go on with your life.
lol, dont exactly have the cash for it or I would. College kid budget.

You can simply replace the HU with one that has at least 4v pre-outs and get much better sound, disconnect and remove the IB OEM sub. You cannot simply replace the speakers and use the oem amps, it will notwork properly. Just do the HU, something with a good xover so you can crossover the interior speakers correctly and send signal to the sub, and you'll be fine.
Really? just curious, how do 4v pre-outs relate to this. I dont exactly get it. I'm still new to car audio.

This sound perfect though, this way I can get a little more out of the door speakers, cross over to have the sub pick up some bass and be all set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.